Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. When was your baby born?
  5. how many breastfeeds per day???

how many breastfeeds per day??? Rss

My Baby girl turns 4mths on Valentines day smile
sweet as, I know) I am breastfeeding, we have a good routine I guess. She sleep 2-3 sleeps per day(2-3 hours ea), she sleeps through the night, I wanting to know how many feeds she should be on, sometimes she gets 4, other days she gets 5. What should she be on per day?

Baby red (Littlelamb)
[Edited on 13/02/2010]
My now 11 month old is still having around 4 feeds a day. I just feed to demand, so if my bub demands a feed, she is fed. I honestly cannot tell you the amount of times she fed a day at 4 months old. Just go with what your baby is telling you. She will let you know when she is hungry.
Great work too by the way!
xx

Alex 03, Lauren 05, Matt 07, Cora 09

My DD2 is not quite 4 months but getting close, and she averages 5-6 feeds per day ATM. She feeds on average every 3-4 hours with a night feed some of the time, sometimes she sleeps through too.
I demand feed as well, kind of, but offer a feed every time she wakes up from a sleep, she never cries for a feed, but my reason for that is because she is a very slow weight gainer so I'm trying to fatten her up smile

My son is breastfeed and he gets it about 4-5 times a day and the same with my daughter when she was a baby and he sounds happy with that and I found babies tell you when they are hungry and etc.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

My DD is 15 months old and I have no idea how many feeds she was getting at 4 months. She was an on demand baby till she had 3 solids a day. Just feed your bub to what you think your girl needs. She will not let herself go hungry and will tell you when she is hungry. I have only just stopped feeding DD a week ago. Much to my dissapointment (I love feeding her so just aswell there is another on the way). We only started dropping down her feeds when I found out I was pregnant and she was 12 months old. from 6 to 12 months she was getting about 5 feeds a day but some days she only wanted 3 feeds, other days she wanted more. If you are worried she isnt getting enough maybe speak to your child nurse or ring the Australian Breastfeeding Association if your in Australia. If your NZ I'm not sure who you would call about BFing but speak to Plunket, I would imagine they would have lactation consultants who can give you an idea or will be able to point you in the right direction

You are doing really well getting to 4 months as alot of people give up or cant continue feeding after just a few days. Keep doing what your doing!!
Sign in to follow this topic