Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

April/May bubs Lock Rss

does anyone els bub stay awake after a feed?

does anyone els bub stay awake after a feed?

YES!!! He can keep himself awake most of the day. But I was told that was to do with the reflux cos his little tummy is hurting. However after just 3 days on baby gaviscon and he's becomeing a different boy, so much more content.

Can't beleive he's 4 weeks tomorrow time seems to be flying by sooo quickly.
Kates joy congrats on the birth of your little Cooper, my oldest son is named Cooper, such a cool name!! I have swaddled all my babies, although Justin can quite happily sleep with his arms loose but i swaddle him at night time, I just fold a blanket or muslin wrap in half then put him in the middle of it so his neck is in line with the top of the material, then I put both his arms across his chest and fold one side over and tuck it underneath him then fold the other side over, if you have trouble I have these wraps called ergo cocoon and they are a zip up so bubs cant get out at all, they are from baby road (WA) and cost $29.95, you can find them on ebay.

I will have to grab some caffiene free coke too, Justin was soooo unsettled last night and its no wonder, i had 2 big glasses of pepsi max, soooo much chocolate too, he just would not go to sleep last night in between feeds, so its safe to say i wont be having any chocolate today and see if that was the reason, my bet it is.
Justin stays awake sometimes too after he feeds, he can be quite alert too, once hes been up for a bit I then feed him more and he usually goes back to sleep while feeding.

Im really enjoying breastfeeding, am im quite proud of myself that I still am doing it considering I gave up day 2 with my 1st and hardly even tried with my 2nd, its good to know hes back to his birthweight too now so I must be doing something right.

Justin has got his hearing test today and while im there im getting my scar checked, its been bleeding and there is a black patch in the scar part, I dont know if its dried up blood or an infection, its still quite stingy too, especially if I sneeze or cough.

My baby is called Coopeer too... didn't think it was such a popular name... super cool name though isn't it smile
breast feeding is hard work!! so i have BF her and for the first time i think i dont have to top her up she is settled!! but for how long only time will tell im hoping it will last her for at least two and a half hours...
i am really scared she will become bottle dependent so i want to get her to BF only no matter how many times i have to feed her im gonna persist...dam i havnt even finished typing n i think she is gonna crack it grrrr!!

xoxo
she ended up waking up at 12 which was two hours later so not bad i have her a bottle and then she woke 4 hrs later n gave her boob and she took from both side so im hoping that is enough smile

she is still awake but seem content

xoxo

she ended up waking up at 12 which was two hours later so not bad i have her a bottle and then she woke 4 hrs later n gave her boob and she took from both side so im hoping that is enough smile

she is still awake but seem content

xoxo

I'm going through the same thing... trying to get Coop to settle after just breast. I got told by plunket that even though they feel like they are empty my boobs probably aren't so I'm trying to do both sides twice and on the second time round he may be comfort sucking but that doesn't matter because he is srimulating milk production. We seem to be doing less and less formula after each feed. I need to get out of the bad habit of doing a bottle at the 4.30/5.00am feed. I do that because I'm so tired I don't want to sit up straight and feed him, he won't latch if I lie down sad
Marinela, are you topping her up with formula or breastmilk?? just make sure that everytime you give her a bottle you express as well,even if you only get a little bit or it takes you ages because your body needs to think its feeding a baby so you need to keep your supply up and if you skip a feed by not expressing then your body wont make any more milk and will only make what your bub is feeding when you breastfeed her.

What bottles are you guys using?? When i bottle feed Justin at night I use Avent (have used these with all my boys) but he makes this sucking sound while he drinks, which means he's not getting a good latch and is sucking in air, Ive tried the closer to nature tommee tippee bottles too but he does the same with that, so im not sure whether to maybe try the NUK brand, its so hard isnt it, i dont want to waste money but i dont want him sucking in air either!!

Justin was easy to settle last night because i didnt have any pepsi max or chocolate all day so it was obviously the caffeine keeping him awake, well at least i know now and will limit my intake.

I'm going through the same thing... trying to get Coop to settle after just breast. I got told by plunket that even though they feel like they are empty my boobs probably aren't so I'm trying to do both sides twice and on the second time round he may be comfort sucking but that doesn't matter because he is srimulating milk production. We seem to be doing less and less formula after each feed. I need to get out of the bad habit of doing a bottle at the 4.30/5.00am feed. I do that because I'm so tired I don't want to sit up straight and feed him, he won't latch if I lie down sad

after my last post she woke up and cracked it n i gave her a bottle!! i have had two hours sleep i swear as much as i wanted to BF i think i give up!! im so tired sad...im still going to give her breast milk but it will just be in a bottle i feel bad but i just cant do it im so mentally exhuasted and she hasnt even been home for a week.

my boobs r still killing me they get so lumpy once they r full i dont fully express them coz im just so tired in the the middle of the night and by the morning even with breast pads i have leaked everywere..we ended up having a really bad night and im in a horrible mood which is not like me..

i have been snapping at DH even tho he hasnt done anything wrong sad so i have come to the conclusion that if she still gets Breast milk even if its in a bottle it will do coz i need some sort of sleep sad

xoxo
morning everyone ZZZzzzz.......

im convinced Maja is colic its getting worse to the point it took her 2 and half hours to settle yesturday and normally she is a happy baby gose right to sleep sad ....i gave in to the dummy and put on lullybys seems to work ...im going to the chemist today after i register her birth.. but was just wanting some opinions plz sad
marinela- please dont feel bad about putting her on the bottle full time, if shes getting breastmilk still then that is the great!!! and if you end up putting her on formula then thats fine too, dont stress yourself out about it because it will only make you feel worse, plus stress = less milk supply and happy mummy = happy bub! dont worry okay, we all go through these decisions. I put DS1 on formula at 2 days old and it was the best decision i ever made, I was alot more calmer and confident in feeding him and he was much happier too. DS2 I expressed for 6 weeks and then put him on formula, I was proud of the fact that he had my milk for 6 weeks and i was then happy to switch him to formula. Do what you feel is right okay and dont let anyone make you feel bad about it.

Now about the colic, what bottles are you using?? I have always ALWAYS used avent bottles for my kids, BUT Justin sucks in waaaaay too much air using them, like he cant get a seal around the teat and he is unsettled after using them, so I tried a Tommee Tippee closer to nature and the same thing happened so i went and bought the new NUK first choice bottles and they are the best!!! the teat moulds into Justins lips so there is no air taken in whatsoever and he is much easier to settle afterwards, you could also try raising the head end of Maja's bassinet or cot, this is what i do, I just shove a folded towel under the mattress so he sleeps on a slight angle just so his milk isnt coming back up and causing reflux, have you tried swaddling Maja? or not swaddling her? putting her on her side to sleep? ( I know 'they' say this isnt recommended but sleeping on their side was the only way my boys would go to sleep) i just use one of the roll pillows behind them so they cant move.

Good luck x x x

marinela- please dont feel bad about putting her on the bottle full time, if shes getting breastmilk still then that is the great!!! and if you end up putting her on formula then thats fine too, dont stress yourself out about it because it will only make you feel worse, plus stress = less milk supply and happy mummy = happy bub! dont worry okay, we all go through these decisions. I put DS1 on formula at 2 days old and it was the best decision i ever made, I was alot more calmer and confident in feeding him and he was much happier too. DS2 I expressed for 6 weeks and then put him on formula, I was proud of the fact that he had my milk for 6 weeks and i was then happy to switch him to formula. Do what you feel is right okay and dont let anyone make you feel bad about it.

Now about the colic, what bottles are you using?? I have always ALWAYS used avent bottles for my kids, BUT Justin sucks in waaaaay too much air using them, like he cant get a seal around the teat and he is unsettled after using them, so I tried a Tommee Tippee closer to nature and the same thing happened so i went and bought the new NUK first choice bottles and they are the best!!! the teat moulds into Justins lips so there is no air taken in whatsoever and he is much easier to settle afterwards, you could also try raising the head end of Maja's bassinet or cot, this is what i do, I just shove a folded towel under the mattress so he sleeps on a slight angle just so his milk isnt coming back up and causing reflux, have you tried swaddling Maja? or not swaddling her? putting her on her side to sleep? ( I know 'they' say this isnt recommended but sleeping on their side was the only way my boys would go to sleep) i just use one of the roll pillows behind them so they cant move.

Good luck x x x

thanks heaps hun yeah i was using the avent ones which r rubbish they leak! then i recieved these bottles with my electric breast pump which im using and seem ok but she put air in the bottle too..i swaddle her coz she seems more comphy that way..i went to the chemist and got her a gripe water which ill try during the night because it seem the only time she is stressed is at night..i have the breast feeding consultant coming to my house tomorrow so ill see how i go..i know what u mean at the end of the day ill do what ever is easier for the both of us for me as long as she on breast milk i dont care how she gets it..ill have a look for those bottle were did u buy them?

her reflux is that bad just the wind wish me luck for tonight xoxo

thanks heaps again
Sign in to follow this topic