Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

August 2004 Babies Lock Rss

Hi Jo,

Isabelle seems very advanced for her age. Do you give her loads of tummy time for her to crawl?

I have a boy Nathaniel who was born 10th August. He no where near as active as Isabelle. Nate likes to do little 360's on his playmat and rolls off it but he doen't look like crawling anytime soon.

Have you started Isabelle on solids yet? Nate is powering along on vegies and fruit. Hopefully soon we'll both stop wearing half the food.

Rebecca- Gordon Park, Qld

Hi Bec & baby nate,

I don't think Isabella has much choice with three much older siblings, she just wants to follow.

She's started on solids but only once a day at the moment( just wants mums boobs at the moment)
but i will get her going very soon.

Just wondering how long is Nathaniel, everyone keeps telling me that Isabella is really long, but I don't think she is.

Seeya
jo

jo, kids, 13, 11, 8 & 2yrs

Hi Andrea...and other mums

Will try the singlet thing, sounds like it'd work and give him more confidence that he won't slip.

Interesting, i'm in the bank also. I was full-time but my regional manager is fine with me going back part-time...jobshare actually cause i'm a manager.

Can't believe the other bub is crawling...how advanced is that. Can't wait to see Brandon even attempting to at least get up a little on his hands or knees...no signs yet!!! He's doesn't get much time on the floor because of his reflux but lately i've been chancing it more. He loves rolling around but not to his stomach yet nor from his stomach to back but he'll get there. He did a while ago but has stopped...

Have a good one everyone

Christine

Christine-Brandon born 18/8/04 Drew born 11/2/06

Hi Andrea christine and ote mums

I went to the cy&h the other day and she said that the white bit at the back isnt a tooth.
Tallans moving is exciting, he's has goten into stuff cant leave anything on the floor, or hes into it. Is she trying to lift herself up yet, that can be funny to watch.

better be going bye
Zoe
Hi Jo!

I get the same with everyone telling me that Nate is long. The last measurement was at 20 weeks and he was 65.5cm. I know he has grown since because all his 00 body suits are becoming too tight in the length.

Nate was slow to start on the solid but he had to have them because he weight was going down compared to how long he was getting.

Where abouts is your farm? I'd love to live on a farm (for a week!!!) Well talk soon

Bec

Hi Chrissy,

I was just reading through your post a noticed that you were giving your panadol and bonjela together to your bub. When my little man was having teething dramas the child health nurse told my that using the two together was a big no no.

Sorry don't mean to preach but maybe you could check with your doctor at the next visit

Hi Bec

Isabella was 68cm at 21 weeks, so she can't be that much longer than everyone else.

Her weight seems to be going at a steady rate.

Our farm is on the the NSW/VIC border, and we milk 550 cows.

jo, kids, 13, 11, 8 & 2yrs

Hi Bec...thanks, i have been so i'll stop til i check with doc Monday. Makes sense when i thought about it. Hope i haven't done any damage...
Christine

Christine-Brandon born 18/8/04 Drew born 11/2/06

Sorry about all the messy typing the other day, I think I'll leave my post til the bub is in bed!!!

Hi Everyone,

Howa all the other Bubs doing. Its interesting to read these forums. I have learnt alot. Thanks also for the note on Panadol & Bonjela. We have only used them together a couple of times, usually stick to bonjela or weleda teething powder, and use panadol when she is really bad. Good to know.

Cayley is sitting on her own now, although there are stil the occassional face plants!

Had the most successful time with solids last night. Been a little warm here, so she had been lying on the floor with no nappy. Took the rest of her clothes off and sat her in the highchair like that. Must of thought that was wonderful because its the first time she cleaned up her dinner - without adding to my washing (Isnt it amazing how messy they get!!)

Had a busy weekend - though Sunday was weird - felt strangly unencumbered (Nana had Cayley!) Got lots done though!

Have to go back to work next week. Interesting that we both work in a bank Christine - although I am no where near management! Just a teller.

Well, should go, time for Cayley to wake up.
Have a great day everyone.

Andrea

Cayley''''''''s Mum 15.8.04

Hi All,

This Forum has been great to compare how the bubs are progressing against other REAL baby's there age!

Nathaniel has been on solids for about 4 weeks now and has lunch and dinner but I was wondering when to introduce lunch. Do I wait til he eats all his breakky and dinner or just give him the option of having lunch there?!?

Hi Everyone.

Still no teeth yet - I wish they would just come through & them I will stop having a grumpy bubba!!

Cayley is on solids - has been for about 6 weeks or so, just one meal. Wasn't interested in lunch, so started her on dinner. We're in the process of introducing lunch at the moment. Hard to find a cereal that she likes - Baby rice & farex have both been given the thumbs down, even when mixed with something that she likes! Crushed up a little weet-bix the other day, and that was pretty good. She seems to like the cold stuff straigh from the fridge, though she only gets fruit that way.

Loves to sit & play now - lying down is just not good enough!

Plays with the dog pretty good, but the other night was the first time that she tried to get off my lap to get to him. Laughing & carrying on. It was so funny to watch - its a good thing the dag is pretty placid!

Interesting haw babies so similar in age can be so different!

Well, better go do that never ending pile of washing!
Enjoy you day everyone.

Andrea

Cayley''''''''s Mum 15.8.04

Sign in to follow this topic