Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

August 2004 Babies Lock Rss

Jake has his 1st tooth! Discovered today after lunch - it's through the gum completely! So cute! Just had to share. smile

Tarns

Yay for Jake! Isabella did a similar thing with her first 2 teeth, suddenly there they were.
wish the second 2 were being so easy

jo, kids, 13, 11, 8 & 2yrs

Hello Everyone!!!

Nate has said his first two words. He says 'Mumma' really quiet clearly now at first I thought I was amagining it but other people have confirmed. And during his babbling and often whilst in his highchair he's saying 'bubba'.

Has anyone elses babies said anything?

Rebecca- Gordon Park, Qld

hi bec

isabella is saying mumma too, the rest is just babble.
She's gettin teeth #3 and 4 at the moment and is as grumpy as anything aqnd not sleeping to well

Hi proud mum!

How have you been finding Bailey handles work? I've been taking Nate to work with me since he was 2 months and now I'm finding it harder to keep him entertained. He use to happily play in his Playpen and Jolly jumper but now he's on the move he wants his freedom.

Just wondering what sort of things you do to keep Bailey entertained? How many days a week to you go to work?

Bailey hates work he is so restless and wont sleep there, he is teething aswell which makes it worse. He hated the port-o-cot, now i find i end up holding him for most of the day as he tries to get into everything and everything is put into his mouth, also he cant sleep cause of the noises fax machine computer printer phone etc etc. I work thursday and friday.

~

Hey Proud mum,

I mainly just work Thursday and Friday too, that way I can appreciate the weekend! In general I've been having a really tough time with Nathaniel over the last few weeks. First he was teething, then he got sick and now he wont sleep.

When Nate was teething I put him in his pram/ highchair and gave him a wet washer to chew on. (He has all his own washers so they're fairly clean) It kept him entertained for about half an hour while I got some work done.

hi

is anyone else having trouble with bub waking during the night?

Isabella has just started to wake during the night, is it just her or is it the age for it?

Hi Jo,

Nate has gone through all sorts of sleeping trouble over the past month. When he was a newborn he only woke once or twice during the night and we had him sleeping through most nights. However in the last month he started waking up more and to the point where one night he woke 5 times.

The Child health nurse said it is all to do with sleep assosciation. How you put your baby to sleep. Nate would fall asleep at a breastfeed and then I would put him in his cot. They have deep and light sleeping patterns and when they go into the light sleep they wake up wondering where you have gone.

Or she could just be going through a growth spurt or teething!?!

Hope the suggestion help
From Bec

Hi all

My baby Raasi was born on 25 Aug 04, 4 days before due date. Dad was a bit upset as she missed his bday by a couple of hours (his bday is on 24th and she was born at 2.55 am on 25th!) She has 2 older sisters who are 10 and 5!

Raasi has been a good baby though I have real bigtime trouble with formula - she wont touch the stuff! So I am still breast feeding her. I introduced her to solids at 3 and 1/2 months - she used to eat mashed banana. Now she eats 2-3 solid feeds a day... like most of you - some days are good, some bad. There are days when she wont eat any solids - I sometimes wonder if I am expecting too much from her. As for b/f - I am also having trouble with more feeds through the night. When she was 8 weeks she'd have a feed at midnight and sleep through till 7 am... no feeds or nappy changes in between. Now she wakes up 2-3 times a night for feeds... and becoz I get so tired I just put her next to me and feed her. I think that is encouraging her to feed more often.. I should try to put her back in her cot after her feed.

Raasi started crawling at a little over 5 months.. at 6 months she pulled herself up holding furniture and now she takes a couple of steps holding the furniture.. i think she is too fast for her age!

Would love to hear from any of you.
cheers
Anu

Raasi, ACT, 25/08/04

Hi there Anu

Your Raasi sounds so much like my baby Isabella, she was doing things around the same age

does she have any teeth yet, Isabella has three, with the 4th coming through at the moment, she also dosen't like formula.

They sound so similar, even down to their feeds, look forward to hearing from you again

Hi Jo

Great to hear from you. Raasi has been teething forever but no teeth appearing yet. As a result she chews on just abt everything.

No luck with the formula... but I have been giving her weetbix with cow's milk.. she loves it. So I might try diluted cow's milk instead.

What's Isabella upto these days? Would love to hear abt her progress.

cheers
Anu

Raasi, ACT, 25/08/04

Sign in to follow this topic