Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Teething
  5. IMPORTANT TO WATCH THIS VIDEO ON BONJELA

IMPORTANT TO WATCH THIS VIDEO ON BONJELA Lock Rss

http://www.3news.co.nz/Video/Bonjela-teething-gel-linked-to-potentially-fatal-syndrome/tabid/420/articleID/101131/Default.aspx?ArticleID=101131
From what I read somewhere else the bongela "teething" (it says teething on the tube) is ok, it's only the straight bongela that can be a problem?

I tend to use hylands teething tablets and brauer liquid pretty exclusively anyway.

From what I read somewhere else the bongela "teething" (it says teething on the tube) is ok, it's only the straight bongela that can be a problem?

I tend to use hylands teething tablets and brauer liquid pretty exclusively anyway.

I work in pharmacy (well, before maternity leave lol!), and the bonjela and bonjela teething are exactly the same product just different boxes. People have been using them for years without problems as long as you don't go overboard with it. However, personally, i am like you and prefer the homeopatihic natural medicines like brauer and hylands as much as possible, and cold teething rings (my daughter also liked sucking and chewing the bottom of a cold can of coke when teething lol smile)
Hi,

Thanks both for your replies. I just thought i would add the video as the BONJELA TEETHING GEL has SALICYLATE SALTS in them and just want all parents to be careful!! I have this teething gel with the Salicylate Salts in it and have thrown it out its not worth the risk.

Thanks
I am going to agree, it is not worth the risk. I was so careful about what I ate and drank when I was pregnant so as to not harm my child. I will not let up on that and give him something that is potentially deadly.

I am continuing to research other teething options, so far I am liking the tables. I did try Infants Friend but my DS had a reaction on his skin where it dribbled out his mouth. I thought if that's what it's doing to the outside of his body, imagine what it's doing inside. So I won't use that again.

He loves his cold teething rings so we're using them and rusks for the time being.
Can I just ask if the formulation of hylands teething tablets is the same in Australia as it is in the US? I just googled them as I had no idea what they were, and found that in the US they have been recalled due to a potentially poisonous substance in the tablets.

Now wondering what is the best teething medication to use with Bongela and Hylands Teething Tablets out?

His Royal Highness, Prince William

My DD is actually alergic to bonjela..

when she was about 5 months i put it on her gums and she got a mad rash on her face and neck!! dont know if it has anything to do with the ingredent your talking about though..

and because the doc said he didnt know what ingredent it was i just never used anykind of teething product i just stuck to cold teething rings etc but luckily for both of us she was a good teether grin..

Mum of 3 girls, 1 boy, 1 angel, 1 on the way!

mmm, I barely knew DS was teething, I stuck my finger in his mouth one day when he was 6 months old and there were two teeth!

Unfortunately DD seems to be a whinger when it comes to teething, she has been "teething" for 3 months with no results as yet....aarrrgh!
But I have only used bongela maybe 3 times on her, she really hates the taste (I love it!) so havent really bothered as the fight to put it on her is not worth it.

His Royal Highness, Prince William

I too was very luck and didn't know DD had teeth until these lil toothy pegs where staring at me through her grin smile I tend to like all the Brauers range too and would stick to their teething relief but will keep this in mind when DS arrives if he starts giving me grief thanks for the info ladies smile
I used Curash Teething Gel for DD2 and found it really good, it worked more as a numbing agent then anything else i've used including Bonjella (it worked on my wisdoms too!). I detested the smell of Bonjella but also with DD1, it didn't seem to help.
I also used frozen teething rings and also cooked/frozen carrots and a mesh fruit bag.
Sign in to follow this topic