Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Breastfeeding Lock Rss

omg my babygirl is just getting her top tooth and i am breastfeeding and it hurts! I know your supose to pull then off when they 'bite' and tell them no but the thing is its how she just latches on and now my aerola bit is really sore that it has a little skin ripped of. i have applied the nipple cream thing but my gosh its so sore. its only on my right boob but is so engored that i have to feed her. has anyone else experience this?

omg my babygirl is just getting her top tooth and i am breastfeeding and it hurts! I know your supose to pull then off when they 'bite' and tell them no but the thing is its how she just latches on and now my aerola bit is really sore that it has a little skin ripped of. i have applied the nipple cream thing but my gosh its so sore. its only on my right boob but is so engored that i have to feed her. has anyone else experience this?

Pretty sure u can get nipple guards, prob from baby shop i never had to use them but i'm sure i've seen them somewhere!!!

I think they are like the teat of a bottle, still allows u to feed but protects ur nipple. Hope this helps.
Goodluck!!!

Kiddi <3

Ouch!! Im breastfeeding my 11 month old and 2 of her top teeth (not her front ones) have just popped through but i cant feel them while breastfeeding! (not yet anyway)

You could try nipple shields? i tried them for a different reason with my DD2 when she was 8/9 months old & she just wouldnt suck on them at all. Is it a new wound each time she goes on? Maybe she's just opening the old wound when she goes on. Strange that its just on one side. Maybe express on that side until it heals properly then try again?

Good luck smile
I know exactly how you feel... about 2 weeks ago, I had the same problem on both sides. My 7 month old girl wasn't really biting me but more like using her teeth to get the milk out! I tried a bottle of EBM but she wouldnt take it, I tried the shields but no way did that work! So in the end what worked was feeding her in the footy hold and also me lying down! I also used these great breast pads which are called Rite Aid Hydrogel Breast discs... works so fast to heal them! I am not sure whats changed but all is good now! hope this helps roll eyes
try giving her a cold cloth to chew on before you feed keep feeding from sore breast you dont' want an infection
Their top teeth are really sharp when they first cut, but it shouldn't last long. You might find that bub is scraping them on your boob because she's trying to figure out how to feed with the strange new things in her mouth. I found that when mine were teething their saliva irritated my nipples too.

You can try nipple shields but you may well find that she won't feed with them. She's used to your boob and may not like a mouthful of silicone! As suggested by pp, keep up the nipple cream and try a different hold. But it will improve!
thanks for all your replies and help. i have tried nipple shield when she was about 2 months. found them useless. will try the footy hold again but other way im stuck. She won't take a bottle and yess shes is digging in the same hole but now its 2 ouch!
Not looking forward to this part of breastfeeding
Sign in to follow this topic