Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Teething
  5. how many teeth should a two year old have ??

how many teeth should a two year old have ?? Lock Rss

My darling little miss is painfull little thing ....always has been !! lol ol lol ...she is very wingey and getts upsett easily,more so in the last 2 weeks then any other time

someone suggested to me that she might be getting more teeth ??She looks like she has a gob full to me but how many should she have ??

it is a good thing this little lady is good looking or we would be in lots of trouble !! lol lol ...

Teething or a typical gemini ??? who knows !! lol lol lol

There should be 2 molars, the first probably came through 6-12 months ago and the second molars, commonly known as the 2 year molars come last. They normally come around the 2 year mark smile
My DD2 has 2 of them and is waiting on the very last 2, she turns 2 in 3 weeks time smile
Yes, she is on and off, good and bad but when she is having a bad day she is beside herself 'pick me up, put me down, Mum come here, go away, hey come back here, no go away' you get the idea smile Crying and whinging all the time.
Hopefully for both of us it will be over with soon!
I just sit with her until she calms down when she gets too bad, then we have a big hug then she's happy again, they need alot of reassurance while they get the 2 year molars, very painful and it goes on and on for what feels like forever x

same as PP ^ my DD had 8 on the top and 8 on the bottom in total inc. one set of molars then at about 23months she turned into a feral and out popped a second set of molars, they took a little while to come thru, about 6 weeks poor thing. but we found nurofen to be better then panadol for these teeth and icy poles for her to chew on made a massive difference when she was really stroppy. but i guess every kid is different and some might not get those second molars until much later i read somewhere that getting them anywhere between 18months and 3 years is quite normal.
I would love to say this bad mood is a new thing for her but it's not !! lol lol lol ......we ahve never ever had to guess how Grace is feeling !! lol lol ....she definatly takes the guess work away and getts right to the point !! lol lol lol

but she has never been sooky ....so I might get her to open up and count again !! .....

she was two at the end of May so not to old for more teeth ???

When all teeth are through, I think there is 20.

I would love to say this bad mood is a new thing for her but it's not !! lol lol lol ......we ahve never ever had to guess how Grace is feeling !! lol lol ....she definatly takes the guess work away and getts right to the point !! lol lol lol

but she has never been sooky ....so I might get her to open up and count again !! .....

she was two at the end of May so not to old for more teeth ???

2 in may? nope id say shed be due for those second molars anytime if theyre not already cutting thru..i did find with my DD that she was moody for quite a while before i finally realised that the teeth were moving up the back (its hard to get a good look back there!) poor baby sad those back ones are apparently really painful because theyre so far back in the jaw they can cause neck pains and head aches as well as the normal teething symptoms..eww sounds like my windom teeth b4 i got them pulled.
Did she get fevers and go off her food and drinks and sleep alot. As my 19mth old dd woke witha fever today and has been off her food and drink. Extremely clingy. Butyesterday she was fine. She has all her other teeth.
They get 20 teeth - 2 sets of molars and then 6 on the top and 6 on the bottom. They typically have a full set between the ages of 2 and 3. My 15 month old has 13 teeth at the moment! She has been pretty grouchy lately as she's had 2 come through at once

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Sign in to follow this topic