Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Teething
  5. ftm and dealing with teething!

ftm and dealing with teething! Lock Rss

Hi everyone smile
I'm a first time mum and I think my 4 month old has started teething.
He dribbles that much I'm changing his bib Atleast 4 times a day, he bites on everything (my fingers, my shoulder, his toys, teething rusks, he turns his dummy to the plastic and bites it) sometimes he will refuse a bottle and try Bite the plastic part of the teat whilst crying, I can'tmake his bottles as warm as I used to, his cheeks are red sad he gets unsettled and screams in pain and gets angry, he will bite My shoulder as hard as he can sad I give him bonjela but he hates the taste so he spits it out and I give him baby panadol and it works I just don't want to give it to him all the time, to me these symptoms are teething and to everyone in my family they think do to.. But his gums aren't swollen and the gp doesn't think he is teethin either?
So I don't want to give him panadol if he isn't teething, but I think he is :/ can anyone tell me if this is teething and any alternatives to panadol or should I get a second opinion if he.isn't teething as to what it could be? He gets quite stressed at least once a day.
Sounds like teething pains but it will most likely take a couple months for a tooth too cut. Try offerig lol a coldwwash cloth to chew, or soaked in camomile. Others things that really helped were an amber anklet, stopped the drool and calmed lo down I also got waterproof teething mitts and lo LIVES to gnaw on them
Ggdontario wrote:
Sounds like teething pains but it will most likely take a couple months for a tooth too cut. Try offerig lol a coldwwash cloth to chew, or soaked in camomile. Others things that really helped were an amber anklet, stopped the drool and calmed lo down I also got waterproof teething mitts and lo LIVES to gnaw on them

It's been happening for about a month now but the last 2 weeks it's gotten that bad.thankyou soo much! I'llgive them a try smile
Eruption of primary teeth is a significant developmental milestone for infants. My DS was more than happy to gladly use teething rings that have been chilled in the refrigerator to soothe his sore gums. Please keep a watch on him; irritability, ear tugging and sleeplessness are most difficult; they could just be teething related or a symptom of something more serious.

Roper.
my son is 12 weeks and showing all the same signs expect when looking at his gums there is two obvious white line like bumps where his teeth will eventually be and the rest of his gum around it are red and swollen. He has also taken a lot of interest in us eating and food in general. He was born at 37w6d 5pounds 4ounces so realistically is only 9weeks but has been ahead for his age since birth, he sleeps 6-7hours a night, spends a lot of the day chattering away to himself and has been rolling over since he was 8weeks and pushing himself along the floor with his feet since about the same age. I agree with the above comments cold things to chew on definitely help. Think of what soothes wisdom teeth coming through and the same applies really. mine loves to chew on his mittens but we recently got him an orthodontic dummy which spreads out evenly along his gums and he loves chewing on that now.
Sign in to follow this topic