Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

I find it rude when..... Lock Rss

Does anyone find that larger people (particularly women) tend to point out how big you've gotten during pregnancy or comment everytime you put something into your mouth? "everytime I see you ,you're eating"
Have you been told at the 20 week scan to be expecting a girl or boy only to have other people insist that the scan is wrong and that you're really having the opposite?
Did anyone ever pull up your shirt to see if you had a line down the middle of your stomach?
Well I have, and now at the end of my pregnancy if anyone dares to comment on how fat I've gotten or touches my stomach like I am public property they will lose their arms.
Oh hun! i feel your pain!!!

But i was sitting back from the computer when i read about people pulling up your shirt...and thought it was soo funny! Cos i thought it said SKIRT!!! ROFL

Goodluck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Does anyone find that larger people (particularly women) tend to point out how big you've gotten during pregnancy or comment everytime you put something into your mouth? "everytime I see you ,you're eating"
Have you been told at the 20 week scan to be expecting a girl or boy only to have other people insist that the scan is wrong and that you're really having the opposite?
Did anyone ever pull up your shirt to see if you had a line down the middle of your stomach?
Well I have, and now at the end of my pregnancy if anyone dares to comment on how fat I've gotten or touches my stomach like I am public property they will lose their arms.

LOL - I agree with you! Im a little over people saying "god your huge"..... for crying out loud Im almost 37 weeks and Im only 5 foot 4 tall, what do they expect, or they ask the obvious like....
"Do you find it hard to sleep?".....What do you reckon?
"Are you sick of needing to go to the toilet all the time?" Of course I am.
If they touch me too, they will lose more than just their arms!....Thats my vent!
I agree - Im only 30 weeks but already im getting the "how many babies do you have in there?"

and my favourite is when they ask when you are due then give the "omg shes massive for 30 weeks look"

I keep getting everybody touching my tummy without asking - want me to touch yours? HUH?!!!

Next time I get someone ask how many babies im going to say "excuse me...im not pregnant..."

annoying

I am so glad I made this post, have enjoyed reading your replies and it makes me feel so much better, have to admit I have had a chuckle at some responses but thats only because I feel exactly the same.
i know how your feeling all of you.
i'm going through it AGAIN!! and i'm getting... gez your bigger than last time... i'm only 25 weeks!!!
my first pregnancy people seem to not notice i was pregnant they thought i was just fat... (i was tiny size 8) and gez i had to say "dont push in line i'm pregnant not fat" and they were like "oh really"... i mean come on how stupid can people be
I had a female co-worker whom I don't really like and is about as warm as a Siberian summer, come up and rub my belly when she found out I was pregnant - I was 12 weeks!!!!! No baby being rubbed there lovey!!

i agree i cant stand people that assume they can touch you, i have actually slapped their hands away, dont care what they think i think its rude they touch. but i get the opposite.. i am pregnant with my second and get the... gee your soo small are you sure your pregnant... had the same with my first as i only put on about 8kg in total. everyone thinks they are an axpert and can give you an opinion about everything. great post btw smile
Hi,
i had kinda the same but different experience with my pregnancy, i didn't gorw very big at all so i had "are you sure you got your dates right?" "wow your not very big" and best of all "are you still vomiting? oh most ppl stop after 12wks" I also had the belly rubs and gosh wow its so tight. You really want to stay back away from me and shut your mouth before you say something stupid !! laugh
My MIL touched my tummy when I was about 8 months pregnant, without my permission, and my DH reakons I looked like I was about to clock her one!! (Probably would have too if she did it again....jokes) smile
When I was about 12 weeks along, I had a family member I had never met before, put her hand down the front of my skirt to feel my belly in a major shopping centre! angry If she wasnt so old and senile then she would have been decked. As it was, I stepped back so fast that she almost pulled my skirt off! laugh
I'm 26 weeks with baby number 4, and i actually was asked if they all had the same father! I felt like replying, "No, but you see that man over there, can you let him know that his son is due in 14 weeks!" I understand that yes I am only 25, but that doesnt mean I'm not capable of having a husband! Plus, an old work collegue saw me whilst i was pregnant with number 3, and exclaimed "Well, its nice to know that some people dont own a tv!" I Own a TV, in fact i own about 4 of them! lol some people think they are sooooo funny but it gets old REALLY quickly! Frankly if someone i didnt know or liked went to rub my belly, i think my knee would probably jerk up wink
Sign in to follow this topic