Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. Kids behaviour changes when Dad gets home

Kids behaviour changes when Dad gets home Lock Rss

Hi,

My kids can be really great and well behaved and chilled out, but as soon as my husband comes home they go hyperactive, silly and start doing crazy things, they just get totally fired up when he walks in the door, its like they are different children.

I can't work out why they all of a sudden change their behaviour when he comes home.

The only two reasons I can think this might happen is he is a playful father to them, and doesn't ever act very serious with them, and maybe for attention from either of us?

Any one else's children act crazy when their dad comes home?

They are 3 and 4 years old.
I hate it when I have got the kids ready for bed and My DH walks in.....Its all over from there and takes an hour to get them sleepy again.

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Yep DS goes crazy when DH comes home, they wrestle on the floor, and run around the house it becomes completing chaotic. But I do love watching them being crazy together wub

I hate it when I have got the kids ready for bed and My DH walks in.....Its all over from there and takes an hour to get them sleepy again.

Yes mine is the same every night for nearly 5 years I've had to tell him bedtime is calm, not hypo and silly but he still acts that way.

Hi,

My kids can be really great and well behaved and chilled out, but as soon as my husband comes home they go hyperactive, silly and start doing crazy things, they just get totally fired up when he walks in the door, its like they are different children.

I can't work out why they all of a sudden change their behaviour when he comes home.

The only two reasons I can think this might happen is he is a playful father to them, and doesn't ever act very serious with them, and maybe for attention from either of us?

no mine are the opposite they are crazy with me and good as gold when dh walks in

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Yep!!! My boys are 3 & 5 and go out of control when hubby gets home.

We had a few months of hubby working away so the evenings were peaceful. Now he's home, which I am glad about, but the kids just turn into maniacs.

Hi,

Yep my girls go off like crackers, cause they are excited to see Daddy - its a beautiful thing smile I'd say its same with your kids, they are excited to see him.
my 7 month old, laughs like mad when she see her Dad come home and always greets him with a pat on the nose and a huge grin

ohhhh yeh our 3yr old goes nuts and runs up to him screaming daddy everytime. Mum goes straight out the window when hubby comes home it's all about daddy!!!
My 4yr old DS goes mental when my DH comes home- they wrestle, do crazy stunts (like DS doing supported sumersaluts from DH's shoulders)...It's a lot of fun to watch (although I do roll my eyes a lot and need to assert my position as Switzerland when they get the nerf guns out). Essentially though, my DS gets a good workout to tire him out a bit; My DH gets to blow off any steam from work; they have 'boy' time- and I get to make dinner in reasonable peace.
I love it. Right before bedtime or in Public though... that's another story!!lol
Sign in to follow this topic