Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. Do you get any help from others?

Do you get any help from others? Rss

Do you have children and a working husband..? Do you get help from anyone? Or do you do it all alone? I feel alone... I have four children, and no one helps me, not my mum or dad or anyone..My husband works 60+ hours a week. No one vists me so I see no one from the time my husband leaves in the morning til the time he gets home. I went to the supermarket today and their were loads of parents with children, along side them was a nana, a man, a friend, someone to help.. Haha and then there is me, four kids, pulling them through the supermarket, screaming, fighting, crying, whining (i want i want i want)everyone looks at us as we are coming, or they hear us coming.. The look people give me is like, god woman control your four brats... hahaha I wish I had some help or a friendly face walk in the door somedays.. sad
How do you do it? I have so much respect for you. It must be horrible sometimes!
Could you take them to a creche for a couple hours a week to give you some rest?

Hope you figure something out, dont want to run yourself into the ground! smile
Aw sweetie your doing a awesome job keeping it together with 4 kiddies your amazing!!!!
Maybe you could look into making some mummy friends threw school etc.
Is there play groups around?
I live in Vic north western area if you lived near me I would pop in and say hey laugh
awww what love my lil bugs said lol I live in vic but if I lived closer I would be all up at your door and be like hey wink..in a non creepy way.

I think you are doing AMAZING, I do everything myself here, i may occasionally have DD looked after by the inlaws for a few hours but to be honest I don't like her being babysat lol even though I do know at times you do just need a break smile I do only have the one and it can be hard sometimes so I can only imagine how you are feeling with 4 gasp

And boo to them people who look at you that way >: ( you know you are a terriffic mum so who are they to stare?
My Mum normally comes down town with me on shopping days. If my Mum didn't help then I normally wait until DH gets home and go to the shops which is easier said then done. I think that most people give Mums a dirty look when they can see that your kids are fighting, crying etc. One day when I was down town DS1 who was 2 1/2 at the time was throwing a big tantrum where he was screaming and kicking me (not kicking all the time only a few times) so I just tried to igrone him and when we went to the checkout this lady was just staring at me. She had a little girl maybe 1 or 2 years old then DS. I already had the shits and said 'For eff sake it's not like anyone hasn't since a kid having a effin tantrum before.' After that she looked away and didn't look back. It boils my blood that people do it. I will admit that before I had kids I would look at Mums and think 'wow can't you stop that or something' but once you become a Mum you understand what they are going through. Some days when you go to town the kids could be just having 'one of those days' where they will just keep pushing and pushing until Mummy gives in.

Your doing a great job. Rasing 4 kiddies and taking them with you when you go places by yourself. I want 3 kids I have 2 at the moment) but I'm worried that I can't do it but us Mums just keep going and going. I think our bodies are just programmed to have next to no sleep and look after a little munchins grin

Do you have children and a working husband..? Do you get help from anyone? Or do you do it all alone? I feel alone... I have four children, and no one helps me, not my mum or dad or anyone..My husband works 60+ hours a week. No one vists me so I see no one from the time my husband leaves in the morning til the time he gets home. I went to the supermarket today and their were loads of parents with children, along side them was a nana, a man, a friend, someone to help.. Haha and then there is me, four kids, pulling them through the supermarket, screaming, fighting, crying, whining (i want i want i want)everyone looks at us as we are coming, or they hear us coming.. The look people give me is like, god woman control your four brats... hahaha I wish I had some help or a friendly face walk in the door somedays.. sad

Thats really got to suck. Why dont they help anymore?
I wouldnt be able to do it myself. I think your amazing. 60hrs a week with no husband helping and no family helping, I would go mad!

Keep your head held high and Hopefully soon everything will get better..
I only have 1 atm, and 1 on the way, but my hubbie works similar hours to yours, but is only paid for 40 of them. Until I went on early mat leave this time round, I was working part time, but still have to do all the shopping, cleaning and caring for DS, and will be the same once bub arrives too. We have no family living nearby, nearest is 300km away, so, yea, I do it all myself, but you do an exceptional job doing yourself with 4!!

All I can say as a monther of one congratulations - U r doing a amazing job! I can only imagine its hard but like some of the other ladies said find out if theres a mothers group in your area or someway to have a social network. I was always told to make sure u have time for yourself it keeps u sane! I am on my own during the day mostly till my partner gets home but hey I only have my one littlein to look after. I had a falling out with my my over 2 months ago so I dont have her, my partners parents are good but we only see them on the weekends. I have made friends with a lovely mother of 2 she lives across from me and she comes to visit a couple of days a week, I mean it might only be a hour but its good to have a break, a coffe and a chat. But again I commend you and who cares what a/one else thinks they are not in your shoes and have no right to judge. Try to find out social area if possible it will certaintly not make u feel so alone. We are all here if ever u want to just chat ha ha My name is Sonia by the way I am a mother to one 6 month old Lochlain.

roll eyes

All I can say as a monther of one congratulations - U r doing a amazing job! I can only imagine its hard but like some of the other ladies said find out if theres a mothers group in your area or someway to have a social network. I was always told to make sure u have time for yourself it keeps u sane! I am on my own during the day mostly till my partner gets home but hey I only have my one littlein to look after. I had a falling out with my my over 2 months ago so I dont have her, my partners parents are good but we only see them on the weekends. I have made friends with a lovely mother of 2 she lives across from me and she comes to visit a couple of days a week, I mean it might only be a hour but its good to have a break, a coffe and a chat. But again I commend you and who cares what a/one else thinks they are not in your shoes and have no right to judge. Try to find out social area if possible it will certaintly not make u feel so alone. We are all here if ever u want to just chat ha ha My name is Sonia by the way I am a mother to one 6 month old Lochlain.

roll eyes

Falling out with my mum I meant to type ha ha its too early in the morning!

My Mum normally comes down town with me on shopping days. If my Mum didn't help then I normally wait until DH gets home and go to the shops which is easier said then done. I think that most people give Mums a dirty look when they can see that your kids are fighting, crying etc. One day when I was down town DS1 who was 2 1/2 at the time was throwing a big tantrum where he was screaming and kicking me (not kicking all the time only a few times) so I just tried to igrone him and when we went to the checkout this lady was just staring at me. She had a little girl maybe 1 or 2 years old then DS. I already had the shits and said 'For eff sake it's not like anyone hasn't since a kid having a effin tantrum before.' After that she looked away and didn't look back. It boils my blood that people do it. I will admit that before I had kids I would look at Mums and think 'wow can't you stop that or something' but once you become a Mum you understand what they are going through. Some days when you go to town the kids could be just having 'one of those days' where they will just keep pushing and pushing until Mummy gives in.

Your doing a great job. Rasing 4 kiddies and taking them with you when you go places by yourself. I want 3 kids I have 2 at the moment) but I'm worried that I can't do it but us Mums just keep going and going. I think our bodies are just programmed to have next to no sleep and look after a little munchins grin

I totally agree with what your saying, my sister has two kids and when Ty her eldest was younger she was at the checkout and ty had a bruise on his face (he fell over at creche), anyway a older lady behind tammy come straight out and accused tam of abusing ty - WTF - how rude! I mean tam has a couple of tatts, nothing over the top so immediately this women thought tam was a rough mum (mind u she definately is not and does not look like one) Tammy was horrified and left the shop crying! People need to stay out of what is not there business, offer to help if not stay out of it. U see it all too often, I mean I was at the doctors with lochie the other day and a old guy had a guy at another womens child. Yes the child was being naughty but it was none of his business and definately not his place to stick his nose in. I want to have more kids too but one is even hard work let alone 4! But becasue its such a awesome amazing thing being a mum why would u not want to have more! AND YES we are programmed to do this, I was a career orientated person before my son. Hey I always wanted a child I love kids, and we where only sort of trying and it just happened. I must say I am not career orientated anymore my son and my family take precidence of everything. I took a year off to be with lochie and I know It will be very sad when I go back to work which will only be a day or two! I love it so much, I had no idea how hard it would be but in saying that I wouldnt' change it for the world. I learn a little everyday as does lochie. To be in charge of such a precious being is definately a gift for sure.

tongue
Can you put the younger two in occasional care for an hour or so if you have all four to do the shopping? Or drop the older two off at a school mum's for a play? Also supermarket deliveries(Coles online) are a help. You could go to a playgroup with the younger two to make friends just for company or to help?I'm by nature a shy person, but I've really had to go out of my comfort zone to socialize with other mums and now we all help each other out.
Many thanks for all the lovely support.. I know Im doing pretty good, Im 29 years old and have four adorable children and a wonderful husband.. But yes.. I have a couple of friends around me but I just figure they have their busy life's with their families, so dont try to expect from them.. I dont like to feel needy. I actually start work for the first time since my babies were born on the 2nd May! Its only 2 days a week tho, I hope this will be good for me having some adult company, but I am so worried to leave my baby.. otherwise I look forwards to it.
I wish you were all closer!! So you could ALL come vist!! smile
Sign in to follow this topic