Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. 4 kids 5 and under am I mad??

4 kids 5 and under am I mad?? Lock Rss

I dont even know if Im in the right place, I used to post on here all the time but then stopped and now huggies has changed majorly in 3 yrs lol.

Anyways Im just wondering how many of you ladies are in my sort of position. I have 2 children from a previous relationship my boy is almost 5 and my girl is 3. my new partner also has custody of his 4 yr old son. we are expecting child number 4 in 10 wks. Am I crazy? my partner works long hours, my boy goes to school full time but the other boy only goes to preschool 2 days a week. when they are home together its a mad house, dont get me wrong they love each other aand DO get along but at the same time they want to fight over everything...they are pretty much the same age so I guess its to be expected but do any of you have ideas on how to diffuse these situations?? I buy 2 of everything if not 3 but they will seriously fight over whose patch of sand is who's. And how am I going to deal with this while Im planted on the couch feeding the baby? any ideas will be much appreciated. Im thinking reality has bitten now bub is close lol

I dont even know if Im in the right place, I used to post on here all the time but then stopped and now huggies has changed majorly in 3 yrs lol.

Anyways Im just wondering how many of you ladies are in my sort of position. I have 2 children from a previous relationship my boy is almost 5 and my girl is 3. my new partner also has custody of his 4 yr old son. we are expecting child number 4 in 10 wks. Am I crazy? my partner works long hours, my boy goes to school full time but the other boy only goes to preschool 2 days a week. when they are home together its a mad house, dont get me wrong they love each other aand DO get along but at the same time they want to fight over everything...they are pretty much the same age so I guess its to be expected but do any of you have ideas on how to diffuse these situations?? I buy 2 of everything if not 3 but they will seriously fight over whose patch of sand is who's. And how am I going to deal with this while Im planted on the couch feeding the baby? any ideas will be much appreciated. Im thinking reality has bitten now bub is close lol

Hi, I'm sort of in the same boat I have DS1 3 1/2yrs, DS2 2yrs, DD 10months and I'm due 1st October 2011. I can so understand where you are coming from as I don't have hubby around to help. The best thing to do is ignore them when they fight, unless they are hurting each other. They learn that your not going to come running everytime they winge or complain about each other. And if they are still annoying you send them into the yard to play that way it gets them out of the house and they aren't as loud. I hope that helps if you need to chat feel free smile
No, I don't think you are crazy! I think that it will be great for you, and that it will certainly get easier as the kids age.
I see it as like a little playgroup, and great to allow the kids to learn together, and to get along with kids whom are their equals (because close in age) but who would be at varying levels of development; which you wouldn't get with bigger age gaps because the areas of development would be so vastly different.

I have a 2yo (soon to be 3) a 1 yo (soon to be 2) an 8m old, and due in November with number 4.

None of them are at school or daycare or get babysat, and I love it and the kids thrive!

You will be amazing!

I wish you all the best
I have four.. And no your not crazy you are what I like to call a star and deserve a gold medal.. smile Well done
My sister has 4 gorgeous boys between the ages of 2 1/2 & 7, they're well behaved but do still have their battles! Her days are busy & abit stressful smile

No you're not crazy! And you'll find a way to cope through the hard times. You do what works for your family.
Good luck with the new arrival! I bet the other kids will be keen to help!
I am a huge fan of big families... My husband and I have two already and would like another three... Whenever i tell people i would love 5 kids you see the look of horror on their faces,lol..... That said 4 kids under 5....wow. We have 2 under five and that can be challenging enough <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

If you are crazy i don't know what i am i have 6 and 4 of those are 2 and under , you are not crazy they will grow up close and my partner also works long hours my kids are 14 , 10 , 2 , 19 month old twins and 8 months old
Sign in to follow this topic