Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

I hate pink! Lock Rss

Hi guys

So we are finally having a girl after 2 gorgeous boys but my issue is that I hate pink. So we've told everyone we are having a "purple" baby rather than pink but I'm struggling to find any nice purple baby things. This goes for everything from clothes to cot sheets. Am I the only one out there who hates pink?

Any help, or suggestions where to find good purple stuff? I live in Newcastle NSW so have access to all the usual Kmart, Target, Big W etc.

I''m so proud of my gorgeous angel

i dont think you will be able to find to much you might need to have yellow or pink
as she gets older she will more than likely ask for pink stuff its kinda forced upon girls as blue is to boys
Have you tried an internet search? Also try searching for 'lavendar' rather than purple, that might make a difference?
Do you have Cotton on Kids in Australia? I get lots of my girls' clothes there as they have heaps of colours and very little pink! I make lots of my kids clothes as I like greens and browns etc and it is really hard to find things. I don't hate all pink, I love that sort of dusty grey pink, but there is very little in that colour either! Too much barbie pink gives me a headache, I'm sure that DD#1 is going to start insisting on wearing all pink all the time any minute so I'm dressing her in other colours while I can smile

Hi guys

So we are finally having a girl after 2 gorgeous boys but my issue is that I hate pink. So we've told everyone we are having a "purple" baby rather than pink but I'm struggling to find any nice purple baby things. This goes for everything from clothes to cot sheets. Am I the only one out there who hates pink?

Any help, or suggestions where to find good purple stuff? I live in Newcastle NSW so have access to all the usual Kmart, Target, Big W etc.

spotlight in the cbd is pretty big and the usually sell nursary stuff, they would be worth a look.
toys R Us would be another place to look.
myres at charlestown...maybe pricey tho

like someone meantioned...online stores?

clothing wise, an expensive option is pumpkin patch, they don't tend to over do the pinks there smile

it's very hard to stear away from the normal gender spefic colours unfortunately....thank goddness i'm a pink girl haha

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I actually went to Spotlight today but again the usual pink there. I do like other colours like yellow and mint green but really want some purple stuff for when she is a small baby so everyone knows shes a girl without having to be pink.
Cotton On is somewhere I haven't looked, I'll try them next. smile And yes I do like Pumpkin Patch but find it a bit pricey.

Seems like it gets easier past size 1 for more variety in colours for girls, its only the real small baby stuff thats mainly pink.

I''m so proud of my gorgeous angel

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I actually went to Spotlight today but again the usual pink there. I do like other colours like yellow and mint green but really want some purple stuff for when she is a small baby so everyone knows shes a girl without having to be pink.
Cotton On is somewhere I haven't looked, I'll try them next. smile And yes I do like Pumpkin Patch but find it a bit pricey.

Seems like it gets easier past size 1 for more variety in colours for girls, its only the real small baby stuff thats mainly pink.

Hi smile I shop at pumpkin patch but their online store!! Everything is alot cheaper, they are always having sales and sometimes do free postage! Just a thought wink

i was the same as skippy and the greek, i hated pink to the ends of the earth but after the birth of my girl all the pink clothes just seem to creep into her wardrobe as they started to look so cute on her.
you can always die they plain items of clothing.
Not sure if you have a Best & Less store nearby, but last time i was in there, they have a lot of cute girl things in red, blue, yellow.. But like you said, I think its harder for little babies. Once they get past that size 1 there is alot more variety!
We make chenille pants, pram liners, dresses etc for the markets and occassionally get purple through.

Maybe try your local markets for other unique pieces.

(will check if we have anything small and purple and will let you know-away till friday so might take a while-we'd be happy to post grin).

Search ebay - try choosing purple in left column and also try leaving that section blank but search 'purple' in description. Would also broaden your search to worldwide as postage is often same as local.

We sell items made from reclaimed chenille at the markets.

Have checked with my Mum, we have some purple pram liners and baby pants available at the moment.

If interested, could you message a mobile number or email address we can send thru some photos for you.

The email is j-e-d-d @ hotmail . com

Congratulations and good luck!
Thanks
Was just on patch site - they have a summer range called 'Summer carnival' that you will LOVE!

You could always ask people to buy a selected item from the range as a gift for bub (and buy up for next summer whenit goes on clearance later in the season)
Sign in to follow this topic