Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. How did you tell the news???

How did you tell the news??? Lock Rss

Hi all!!
someone asked a question over in the TTC thread and I thought it was a great question....How did you tell hubby/or partner that your were expecting?? Also how did you tell your parents and in laws?? We are still currently trying but I have already been trying to think of creative ways to tell hubby and my family!!

Thanks in advance smile

Hi all!!
someone asked a question over in the TTC thread and I thought it was a great question....How did you tell hubby/or partner that your were expecting?? Also how did you tell your parents and in laws?? We are still currently trying but I have already been trying to think of creative ways to tell hubby and my family!!

Thanks in advance smile

This time I got a little scribble picture my son had drawn and made it into a card for my husband. I sellotaped the preg test into the card and wrote "Mummy and I have exciting news, I'm going to be a big brother!" It was very cool:)
With my first pregnancy we were due around Xmas so with my sister I told her I had an early xmas present for her and emailed her a photo of 3 positive pregnancy tests:)

Our beautiful boy arrived 16/12/09

With baby no 1 hubby kept saying your pregnant and me no i'm not. So i did a test, couldn't believe my eyes went ang got mil and she said yes. Rang hubby up and said hello daddy and he kept saying told you so. My dad said about time and my mum cried.

Second baby hubby was standing at the door saying is the line darker now then the other day. I said yes and he kept saying my boys can swim. We told little master and he didn't care. Got in the car and told my mum and dad and they were happy. MIL and FIL were very happy. I did so many test cause i knew something was going on.

I took the test on my own, and then just handed it to my husband, who was watching tv!! he was pretty gobsmacked! We then waited until 12 weeks, and got a tiny baby hoodie printed with "i love nana" on the back and gave it to MIL for her birthday... With my sister, we posted her a positive test!
Hmm everyone is alot more creative than I am lol! DH was with me for both tests! Next pregnancy though I think I'll be alot more creative lol grin
I would like to put the test in a bracelet box...long and skinny one.... and take hubby to our special spot where we met and where he proposed and give it to him there smile
Not to sure how I will tell my mum and in laws...thinking maybe a little photo album with pics from when we met, engagement, house, wedding and then a pic of a scan??!! and a story to go along with it...that's if I can keep it secret long enough to put it all together!! LOL
DH must be psychic, he always knows!
With DS 1, I came sprinting into the room crying and smiling my head off at the same time, and he said 'You're going to be a GREAT Mummy"

With DS 2, he didn't even know that I took the HPT, but I came out of the bathroom smiling and gave him a big kiss and he said 'It's time for Number two, isn't it?"

With the current pregnancy, I collapsed in the bathroom holding the test and crying and laughing hysterically. He rushed up to the door and he said 'I knew it! I KNEW it!' And did a cute little happy dance smile

DH must be psychic, he always knows!
With DS 1, I came sprinting into the room crying and smiling my head off at the same time, and he said 'You're going to be a GREAT Mummy"

With DS 2, he didn't even know that I took the HPT, but I came out of the bathroom smiling and gave him a big kiss and he said 'It's time for Number two, isn't it?"

With the current pregnancy, I collapsed in the bathroom holding the test and crying and laughing hysterically. He rushed up to the door and he said 'I knew it! I KNEW it!' And did a cute little happy dance smile

OMG....this is so sweet!!! Your hubby sounds amazing!!! nearly made me cry lol smile
With my first (DS), I'd been suspecting I was pregnant for a week, so when I was 5wks pregnant and unable to drink my coffee, I bought a test on the way home from work, when I got home and took it out of the bag, DH asked what it was, when I told him he started to freak out huh
So off I went and did the test, came out with a huge grin and shaking with excitement, and said "We're having a baby, and the line came up in less than a minute", he asked how long it usually takes, I said 3mins then he said "Well, maybe we should wait the 3mins, just in case" laugh I said "It's not going to change to a negative"! He was very happy, but still a bit shocked!

With my second (DD1), again I had been suspecting it, did a test at 13dpo, got a faint positive, messaged a friend and told her first, then rang DH at work - again he seemed a little shocked as we hadn't been trying long!

And with my third (DD2), it was our second month of trying, I had all the familiar feelings and just knew I was pregnant, a few days before I took the test DH said "Maybe we should get a dog instead of having another baby" blink
So I tested at 14dpo, got a very, very faint line, showed DH the test when he got up in the morning and he said "Oh, negative, oh well", I was like "No, take another look".
Did another test the next morning, said to DH "I did another test", he goes "And it was negative", I said "Ah no...positive". He wasn't shocked that time, but not happy either - it took him a few weeks to actually show some excitement about the whole thing!

Sorry, just realised I wrote quite the novel there...I'm feeling a little loney at the moment unsure
DH knew when i was taking the test so when i came out of the i said its positive and showed him
he didn't believe me blink roll eyes
so i went to the shop and bought two more tests and i did it again and then he kinda believed me after the third test
it took til after the dating scan for him to believe me lol

he then texted his mum and she told his family so no creativeness here lol
i text my dad and told him at twenty weeks and he told his family
I'm just waiting to test but i'm SURE i'm UTD. I bought a little AIO with a bicycle on it as DH is a cyclist, and a wee black & red polka dot giftbox to put it in. Am going to pop a little not in with it saying "time to buy a trike!"

For my brother I want to post him a card saying "how does uncle T*** sound?" and let him figure that out... he only lives down the road but you know what guy are like sometimes!!

Haven't figured out what to do for mum yet. 4 days until I test...
Sign in to follow this topic