Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Baby Monitors Lock Rss

Does anyone use two baby monitors at home?

Our house is long and DD is way up the end away from us. She's not the sort of child who will get up and come to us if something is wrong so I want to leave the baby monitor in her room. I will want to have one for bub too, so I was wondering what would be better... Two different brands or two of the same? I'm worried they will interfere with one another.

I read the other day some people have put them in a central place, but the one I have at the moment is a bit crap and I don't think that would work - it wouldn't pick either of them up. What brands have people got that they are happy with?

TIA smile
We have used an angel care with all three of ours. It has 2 different channels you can use.

Your DD is almost 3, You could try telling her that the baby needs the monitor and as she is a big girl she can come to you at night if she needs you. Perhaps trial this, leaving the monitor on, but out of sight of your DD as reassurance for you, to see if it works.

You have almost 3 months left to trial it.

I know my DD2 (24mths) usually will get out of bed, but she can certainly be heard from her bed if she really wants something too.
Hi there we are in the same situation the kids bedrooms are at the other end of the house to ours and we will have a monitor in both rooms when this one comes i think the best thing is to stick to the same brands but make sure the ones you get are able to run off different channels that way you should not have any problems

Hi there we are in the same situation the kids bedrooms are at the other end of the house to ours and we will have a monitor in both rooms when this one comes i think the best thing is to stick to the same brands but make sure the ones you get are able to run off different channels that way you should not have any problems

I've just bought a second video monitor they are excellent, i have a 14 month old and another due very soon. It is Uniden brand, i swear by them, you can have up to 4 camera's (includes night vision). You can have a timer so it switches from one camera to the other, or watch both at one time without sound. Best investment i have bought since becoming a mummy.
Yes we are soooo in love with our video monitor. They are the best creation. Not only can you hear them but you can see if they actually need you or if they are just having a bit of whinge before going in. Sometimes it hard to tell on the audio ones.

I have also just bought a second camera that links to the one monitor for when number 2 comes along.

Yes we are soooo in love with our video monitor. They are the best creation. Not only can you hear them but you can see if they actually need you or if they are just having a bit of whinge before going in. Sometimes it hard to tell on the audio ones.

I have also just bought a second camera that links to the one monitor for when number 2 comes along.

What brand do you have if you don't mind me asking? smile
Thanks ladies, I think I'll look into a new one. I'm really not happy with the current one and not ready to take it out of DD's room yet anyway. She's only just gone into a "big bed", plus is scared of the dark. I know there is no way she'll walk through the whole house at night to come to us if she needs something.
Try to use wireless baby monitors, and then one will be enough for you.
I live in a big house, we bought a baby monitor from MonBaby, which works through a wi-fi network and is attached to the child’s clothes, so there was no point in buying another one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9C1PJO?pf...
I use a wireless camera for my kids. I get to see them wherever I am since it's connected to our network. I am not an expert on this one, I feel this might help. We like it, we can speak to the kids through the camera but one thing I'm not comfortable with though, is since it's wireless, it can be hacked.
Sign in to follow this topic