Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

babies first christmas Rss

Its my babies first xmas this year. he will be 3 months, and although i told myself that i wouldnt go over board buying presents etc for him, cos hes too young to understand, ive found myself buying something for him everytime i go shopping and always looking at stuff online to buy for him.

Please tell me that im not the only first time mummy doing this. lol i just cant help it. smile
i went overboard for DS's first christmas he had lots of stuff he was 5months old so didn't have a clue about it all
I have gove very overboard since DS was born...... Lol. Didnt find out what i was having so hadn't bought much before but now he has heaps. He is also going to be getting spoilt at Christmas, he will be 6 months and won't have any idea.
I used to buy online for him too but had to make a pact with myself to stop, and i also try to stay away from the shops. tongue

I used to buy online for him too but had to make a pact with myself to stop, and i also try to stay away from the shops. tongue

think im gonna have to do the same! lol. or my husband will have to hide my debit cards
I have spent a few hundred on my 7 month old, mostly clothes because my mother has spent thousands on toys and same as my mother inlaw and they are getting him a walker. So im kinda leaving it until after christmas and see what he gets

Its my babies first xmas this year. he will be 3 months, and although i told myself that i wouldnt go over board buying presents etc for him, cos hes too young to understand, ive found myself buying something for him everytime i go shopping and always looking at stuff online to buy for him.

Please tell me that im not the only first time mummy doing this. lol i just cant help it. smile

I keep buying DS stuff whenever I go shopping too. Even if I'm just going to Bilo to grab bread I still end up buying him something that ends up in the Christmas cupboard lol.

I know he has a lot of presents but I am planning on saving some stuff for his birthday in march.
All mine were quiet young on their first Christmas, DD1 was 3 weeks old, DS was 6 months old and DD2 was 6 days old, but they all still got spoilt, I couldn't help myself!
We didnt get much for the first and second Christmas, at this age they have no idea and the second Christmas its the wrapping they are interested in not the presents.

Now they are older they get spoilt smile
Wow I'm a mean mum then!! Last year DD was 7 months and got 1 toy I think from us, this year she is getting a little mini quad. And our DS will only be 2 weeks old, having him next week and his getting nothing!! We figured while they are young and don't understand we might aswell make the most of it and spend the money on them later.

Whenever DD has needed something throughout the year, it's been brought for her so she has really missed out.
dd actually got a fair bit for her first christmas last year, she was 6 months old and i spent at least $300 on the christmas sales from target/kmart (so would have been a couple hundred more if not for the sales lol) i went so overboard but alot of that was things she could use for a long time (she is still playing with it all). This year i was lucky to spend $200 and $90 of that was clothes smile so proud of myself lol.
my little man will be 10 months next week so he was only getting a bike and a book but we gave in and gave him his bike early so i felt bad that he was only getting a book.... so we went out and got him another present smile smile but with my first two we went overboard something bad smile
I went overboard for DD's 1st xmas & so did the rest of our family...she had sooo many toys.
DS is 11mths & we haven't gone overboard for him bout only because
1. its his birthday in January
2. we don't have the room &
3. we have lots of the toys that are age appropriate as most of DD's things for this age were gender neutral. That said the pink teapot is one of his favourite toys!!

Also we bought a cubby house for the kids this year for xmas & that cost a small fortune, so we didn't go overboard for either of them this year.
CAn't promise we won't go overboard next year though wink
Sign in to follow this topic