Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

weetbix for baby Lock Rss

at what age did I start your baby with weetbix? and when did u start mixing it with cows milk? I know technically cows milk is suppose to be over 12 months but thought perhaps a small amount mixed with weetbix before then would be ok?
ta!

at what age did I start your baby with weetbix? and when did u start mixing it with cows milk? I know technically cows milk is suppose to be over 12 months but thought perhaps a small amount mixed with weetbix before then would be ok?
ta!

I used to give DD weetbix from about 7-8 months and I used cows milk. I only started giving her cows milk to drink recently and she's 18 months smile
cows milk is ok in food and cooking from 6month just not as a drink and i'm not sure how old DS was probably 7months
My ds started eating weet bix about 5/6 months as he wasn't fussed on farex
he also used to baby porridge with fruit in it etc

Hope this helps
I wouldn't give them to a little kid at all. Apart from the salt and sugar in them so they don't taste like cardboard, they also have quite a lot of fibre as well as added iron. Unless your kid is drinking HEAPS of water, they will probably just end up constipated.
DD started on them at about 11 months, which is quite old but I didn't want to give her cow's milk (you can from 6 months though if you want to) and since she was fully breastfed we didn't have formula to mix them with.

She loooooves them, most mornings I give her the choice of Weetbix, Rice Bubbles or Coco Pops and I can't say that she ever chooses Coco Pops! (More for me then!)

I can't say that constipation has ever been an issue!!!

I wouldn't give them to a little kid at all. Apart from the salt and sugar in them so they don't taste like cardboard, they also have quite a lot of fibre as well as added iron. Unless your kid is drinking HEAPS of water, they will probably just end up constipated.

For goodness sake!!! There's nothing wrong with Weet Bix.

My daughter has been having them EVERY morning since she was about 7 months old (currently 20 months). I don't think there's been a day gone by where she hasn't done a poo.

I add a small amount of pureed fruit and actually, Weet Bix are the only thing she has never gone off.

For goodness sake!!! There's nothing wrong with Weet Bix.

My daughter has been having them EVERY morning since she was about 7 months old (currently 20 months). I don't think there's been a day gone by where she hasn't done a poo.

I add a small amount of pureed fruit and actually, Weet Bix are the only thing she has never gone off.

don't get me wrong, I guess out of all the processed food out there its one of the better options. I just think that processed foods like that for a baby are unnecessary.
7 months with a little bit of youghurt and milk.
However I found that she was more of a porridge girl grin

ME - 23
DH - 25

Miss Willow

Keeping fit and healthy in pregnancy!!

don't get me wrong, I guess out of all the processed food out there its one of the better options. I just think that processed foods like that for a baby are unnecessary.

In the interest of keeping the peace and not wishing to hijack someones post I'm gonna let that one slide. smile
I think some people are over pertective with what they give there baby's I gave my kids weetbix and cows milks fin 6 moths they are both fine and healthy so you do what to feel is right for you baby

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.c

I think some people are over pertective with what they give there baby's I gave my kids weetbix and cows milks fin 6 moths they are both fine and healthy so you do what to feel is right for you baby

roll eyes
Sign in to follow this topic