Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

if you pass away Lock Rss

Who will look after your kids?

Sorry to be morbid but I was wondering about who will look after my kids if something happens to dh and I. We've got mil and sfil, dad and step mum, or mum and step dad. I wouldn't call any of them perfect -not in a nasty way, just that dad is old and grouchy and probably wouldn't want to raise the kids, mil would spoil them rotten and probably get tired of them and mum isn't very maternal. Dhs dad is right out because he doesn't. Even know them.

How did you decide?

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

The kids god-mother. She is the only person i trust other than my mum. Mum is getting older now tho so she would provide financial and emotional support but god-mum would do the raising.
My mum will have our kids she's only 43years old and is still fit and healthy and has a big house on plenty of land and loves my kids as much as I do and would bring them up as I would smile fingers crossed it never comes 2 that though
There is no way my parents or DHs parents would be getting our kids! Our kids don't have god parents either so we would most likely ask my aunty and uncle to have them. They are very loving and just amazing people and I know my kids would be taken care of better than I could ever hope for! They are also very well off so I know they'd provide for the kids, ensure they go to a good school, work hard etc

I should really write up a will one of these days stating that, I'd hate if something happened to DH and I and the munchkins were automatically given to my parents!

i have thought about this over and over again and i dont know. i have thought about all the options but im still not sure.

My brother in law and his long term partner would get our son. I have two sisters but they are only 20 & 16 years so to much to ask of them. My parents are still young but we really like the parent style of the others. they also have two kids 5 & 3 so it wouls be great for him to have siblings if anything happened. We are also guardians of their kids.

did you watch modern family last night.......

I have no idea. I have stewed over it for 5 years. Everyone is either too old, interstate or totally different to us. I just don't know and I hate that....
Really dont know, would be so hard to choose between my parents and DH parents!! Think they would be very offended if we chose the other!

We have appointed my brother-in-law and sister-in-law guardians to our dd's in our wills. My dad is nearly 82 and my in-laws can only cope looking after them for 1 day a week while I work. Hopefully my dh and I will be around to see our grandchildren. smile

Bil and Sil would get our kids. We thought about it for a while and thought what if something was to happen ten years from now both sets of parents would be too old to be raising teenagers.
OC1246 wrote:
did you watch modern family last night.......

I have no idea. I have stewed over it for 5 years. Everyone is either too old, interstate or totally different to us. I just don't know and I hate that....

No. Lol. Im guessing they talked about this?

I feel the same my dad is 50 something and got sick of my teen brother being home let alone having to start again with my kids!
Watching the way mum let's my bro binge drink each weekend at her house and elsewhere rules her out
Mil would not follow with our parenting but would be kind and nurturing. But wouldn't teach life basics like money saving eating right etc. If worse came to worse shes the best choice.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

yeah the boys were dropping in on potential guardians for Lily, trying to see their everyday parenting. Naturally they all had disasters going on...

its a really tough one. We don't seem to have a worst case scenario. My mum would be perfect, but I am really worried due to her recent cancer episode that it would essentially mean they are left to my stepdad, who wouldn't cope. Plus he is over 65. None of the parents are suitable, the siblings either aren't suitable or live really far away - as in the opposite end of Australia and the other side of the world. The only people who are suitable right now, probably won't be in 5 years due to age.... nup....we just have to keep travelling in separate cars....lol
Sign in to follow this topic