Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. How do I spell this girls name?

How do I spell this girls name? Lock Rss

Is it 'mik-kye-aah' ? If so, I'd go for Mikaia smile
I love the name and like the spelling Mikyah out of all of them smile Looks pretty spelled that way
Soon to be 6. wrote:
Kiwi Gem wrote:
Is it 'mik-kye-aah' ? If so, I'd go for Mikaia smile

Yes exactly that pronunciation.

Love the name! I am into names that are a little different, my children have uncommon names and I think the rule of thumb is the more uncommon it is the easier on them & everyone else if its spelt phonetically as possible! So I think Mikaia is perfect! smile
A friend has a DD Nikaiya. She started life with her name spelt Nikaya but after 3 weeks her parents decided to add the i as a lot of people were mispronouncing her name. Not sure if this is helpful or not wink Good luck choosing!
Supermummy wrote:
For that pronounciation I would go with mikyah. I like it. smile

me too,the other spellings are too confusing and I would have to ask how to say it

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Soon to be 6. wrote:
Everyone this is how I got these four spellings.

1. I started off with Keire,
2. Then came up with Mekeire - but wasn't sure that this spelling looked right,
3. Then I tried to make up a my own spelling and after writing down lots of different spellings, me and my daughter loved Mikyah - as the pronounciation looked right and it looks pretty,
4. Then I decided to find how it was spelt by looking at Baby Name websites and found Mikaia - saying girl's name.
5. Then found Macaiya on another Baby Name website - saying boy's name, but I would not class this as a boy name - I kind of liked the spelling as it may not get another pronunciation.

I am looking for the right spelling where someone won't ask me how to pronounce and that it can be recognised by the pronounciation that I am looking for.

the 1st suggestion makes me say it like Kira- mekira

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I vote for Mikaia as I look at Mikyah and think mick- ya
smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Sign in to follow this topic