Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Hinz apple custard Lock Rss

Yeah they sell it in Aus. It's just with the jellies and snack cup dairy snack thing lol. Not in the cold aisle though. You can only buy it in 1litre packs I think ours is fosters brand maybe

Forever, for always and no matter what

he should be fine to have it at 8months it just has quite a bit of sugar in it so I wouldn't give it too often. smile

ProudToBeAMummy wrote:
Tutu&Lulu wrote:
he should be fine to have it at 8months it just has quite a bit of sugar in it so I wouldn't give it too often. smile
Ok thanks ladies smile
Could I try ds on cheese now too?

Yep for sure. I think the recommendations now are to not withhold anything now apart from whole nuts. My kids were obsessed with cheese at that age

ProudToBeAMummy wrote:

Oh yay! Ds will love cheese.
Is it ok for me to withhold egg? And strawberries (ds got a really bad rash from them all over his face)? CHN told me to wait until 12 months for strawberries again.

Your the mummy so it's up to you. I would agree with the CHN with the strawberries, apparently they are one of the most common things for people to be allergic to. As for eggs lots of people are worried about reactions with them so it's fine to with hold it.

ProudToBeAMummy wrote:
Thanks Tutu&Lulu, I might wait a little while longer with the egg. I am just scared of ds having a reaction because a friends baby just had a huge reaction to a new formula and ended up in hospital!

My best advice when trying a new food and especially one like egg is to try it in the morning after a nap so that if there is a reaction its not in the middle of the night or when they are going for a sleep so you can really watch for any signs of reaction. I'm very lucky my kids have never reacted to anything, my sisters little boy isn't so lucky he's allergic to a lot of things including stuff I didn't even know you couldn't be allergic to like potato, sweet potato and zucchini skin.

ProudToBeAMummy wrote:
Oh thats horrible! Ok thank-you so much for your help!

No problem. I hope he enjoys his first taste of cheese smile

I made everything from scratch with my DS for this very reason. Occasionally I buy the custard in the yoghurt section but my kids aren't that fond of custard smile
Not really that hard to make custard though. If something didn't smell good I wouldn't eat it so why should my kids? To make your own it's only a bit of flour, egg, milk and sugar (or honey) and cook stirring for 5-10mins until thickened. Yoghurt would probably be a better option though. Don't buy the baby yogherts, just a pot set natural one will be fine, then you can add your own fruit or a bit of honey.
Sign in to follow this topic