Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. Want opinions on parking a manual car - help settle a debate!

Want opinions on parking a manual car - help settle a debate! Lock Rss

I was taught (by both parents and driving instructor) to leave in gear, handbrake on. Dh same.
Always in gear with handbrake on, and like others have said in reverse if on a hill facing down and 1st if facing up. Leaving it in neutral is just silly lol, what happens if your handbrake fails?
Lots of replies!
Looks like I'm going to be able to say that I was right lol wink
Typically you put it in first gear if parked up a nill reverse if down a hill and neutral on flat ground thats how I got taught
3Tinks wrote:
3littlemen wrote:
jazool wrote:
I am no help as I only have an automatic licence. Sorry!!
same here smile

There are different license types?????
yep back on our day it was the norm to go forthe A class instead of the C now its altered and its all changed classes well it has here but it is more comon for people to go for an auto licence rather then the manual as manual can drive all types of cars auto can only drive an automatic car legally
If parking on a flat surface, neutral with handbrake. Up a hill, in first gear, wheels turned in, handbrake. Down a hill, in reverse and handbrake smile
2peas&amum wrote:
3Tinks wrote:
3littlemen wrote:
jazool wrote:
same here smile

There are different license types????? yep back on our day it was the norm to go forthe A class instead of the C now its altered and its all changed classes well it has here but it is more comon for people to go for an auto licence rather then the manual as manual can drive all types of cars auto can only drive an automatic car legally

or you are just lazy like me and the auto seemed easier tongue

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

MissBEAUtiful wrote:
On an incline, park it in gear with handbrake. Reverse if nose is down and 1st gear if nose is up. On flat ground, in neutral with handbrake.

+1 this is what I gave been taught how ever I have my auto licence.

I always leave it in gear.
Andreandfiona wrote:
If parking on a flat surface, neutral with handbrake. Up a hill, in first gear, wheels turned in, handbrake. Down a hill, in reverse and handbrake smile
yep thats what I was trying to say tongue
jazool wrote:
2peas&amum wrote:
3Tinks wrote:
3littlemen wrote:
jazool wrote:
same here smile

There are different license types????? yep back on our day it was the norm to go forthe A class instead of the C now its altered and its all changed classes well it has here but it is more comon for people to go for an auto licence rather then the manual as manual can drive all types of cars auto can only drive an automatic car legally

or you are just lazy like me and the auto seemed easier tongue
well that too tongue
2peas&amum wrote:
3Tinks wrote:
3littlemen wrote:
jazool wrote:
same here smile

Well there you go, I learnt something new...I never new that you could chose what class of licence you could go for...

Sign in to follow this topic