Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. Want opinions on parking a manual car - help settle a debate!

Want opinions on parking a manual car - help settle a debate! Lock Rss

2peas&amum wrote:
yep back on our day it was the norm to go forthe A class instead of the C now its altered and its all changed classes well it has here but it is more comon for people to go for an auto licence rather then the manual as manual can drive all types of cars auto can only drive an automatic car legally

Really? I thought was more common to go for manual - more practical to be able to drive either than only an auto yk? When I got my licence (about 20yrs ago) it was defiantly more common to get manual. I've told my kids they'll have to get manual. If they can't drive a manual they don't deserve to have a license smile
The A class was the manual its now gone to a C
3tinks-if you sit your license in an auto then your license will state on it as a restriction that you can only drive auto. I didn't see the point in that and it would piss me off not to be able to drive a car coz it was manual so I went for manual.

As for parking. Proper way I believe is in gear etc as people have said if on a slope but I'm slack and never put it in gear always park in neutral. Silly really as to start my car the clutch has to be all the way in anyway so wouldn't make a difference if I parked in gear or not! Lol.
[quote post="3569795" name="Supermummy"][b]Supermummy wrote[/b]:
3tinks-if you sit your license in an auto then your license will state on it as a restriction that you can only drive auto. I didn't see the point in that and it would piss me off not to be able to drive a car coz it was manual so I went for manual.

As for parking. Proper way I believe is in gear etc as people have said if on a slope but I'm slack and never put it in gear always park in neutral. Silly really as to start my car the clutch has to be all the way in anyway so wouldn't make a difference if I parked in gear or not! Lol.[/quot

Is it a new thing the licence class...? when I went for mine many years ago ( I have been driving for 17 years ) it wasn't something we had... I sat mine in an auto but a few years after I got my licence my parents bought me a car which was a manual so taught myself...

3Tinks wrote:
Is it a new thing the licence class...? when I went for mine many years ago ( I have been driving for 17 years ) it wasn't something we had... I sat mine in an auto but a few years after I got my licence my parents bought me a car which was a manual so taught myself...

gasp so you might actually be driving a manual illegally..... It's not a new thing, the classes are uniform Australia-wide. I've had my licence for 20yrs but I have been aware of the different classes of licence long before that as I have aunties and uncles that were only 10-15yrs older and I remember when they were all learning to drive.
Should state on your licence that you can only drive auto did you learn to drive in your parents car or a instructors car? Of an instructors car they usually teach in the car it states you are going for so if a manual licence they will teach in that same with the auto if in parents car and had auto thats the difference
[quote post="3569823" name="3Tinks "][b]3Tinks wrote[/b]:
[quote post="3569795" name="Supermummy"][b]Supermummy wrote[/b]:

As for parking. Proper way I believe is in gear etc as people have said if on a slope but I'm slack and never put it in gear always park in neutral. Silly really as to start my car the clutch has to be all the way in anyway so wouldn't make a difference if I parked in gear or not! Lol.[/quot

Is it a new thing the licence class...? when I went for mine many years ago ( I have been driving for 17 years ) it wasn't something we had... I sat mine in an auto but a few years after I got my licence my parents bought me a car which was a manual so taught myself...[/quote]

Maybe it's not like that in tassie cos I'm in NSW and once you have your full license you can drive either

2peas&amum wrote:
Should state on your licence that you can only drive auto did you learn to drive in your parents car or a instructors car? Of an instructors car they usually teach in the car it states you are going for so if a manual licence they will teach in that same with the auto if in parents car and had auto thats the difference

I going to have to go check my licence now smile

2peas&amum wrote:

Well it says it's a c class.

Always in neutral. My car makes a siren noise at me if I leave it in gear anyway.

As for Automatic and Manual licences. In Victoria (I'm pretty sure it's the same in all states though) the restrictions only apply whilst you are still on your P Plates. It states on the back of a Victorian license with the must wear glasses part if you must drive automatic only. It is removed and no longer matters when you have a full licence. I had it redo my licence test at 20 because I got a new car and it was manual. I could have waited another year and driven it anyway though.
A C class without restrictions? Of so your fine to drive any type of car
I still have my papers when I officially went for my licence and passed it it states an A class now my licence has a C cant remember when they changed the classes as I think auto was a B class back then
Incase,my reply on the last Page is missed NSW is the same as above so maybe tassie is too tinks?

Sign in to follow this topic