Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. Baby starting to crawl - 6 months?

Baby starting to crawl - 6 months? Lock Rss

Hi all,

Just wondering when your bubs became mobile?

My little man has just turned 6 months old and has started, well what I would call almost a crab shuffle. On all fours he moves side to side, backwards and forwards and pretty much can get anywhere he wants. Which frightens me a little as he's only 6 months! My daughter was crawling at 8 months (rolling everywhere from 7 months).

I'm nowhere near ready for him to be mobile. Thought I might have had a couple more months to get everything baby proofed again! I haven't known any babies to be mobile so soon, so I guess I'm just trying to ease my mind a bit (that probably doesn't make sense!)

Thanks
My 3 have all start crawling by 6 months walking by 10.5.
Each slightly earlier to. they have something they want to follow/catch. (Sibling Love)
My boy was 6 months and my girl was 5 months for propr crawling they both commando crawled before that for a month
I think we were 7 months for crawling.

You're in for it now!! My son started crawling at 5.5months & within two weeks was sitting up, pulling up to stand & walking the lounge! I blame the fact that he has two big sisters to try to chase!! My girls didn't crawl until 10mnths, walked @ 13 for the first & crawling at 8 walking at 11 with the second.
Well you'r lucky if your baby has started to make moves at the age of 6 months. I remember my child hasn't started to crawl even when he was 10 months old. He started to crawl at the age of 1 year. May be every kid is different, some starts crawling early while some late. At that time I had to make a lot of efforts to make him crawl. well for those people who also wants to make their baby crawl early, I've found the relevant article https://ibestbabyswing.com/when-do-babies-crawl/. Its just like the article, which I had find at that time. I am hopping if this can help somebody, then I'll find myself lucky, that I have helped someone.
Sign in to follow this topic