Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

nearly crawling... Lock Rss

Hi all
My little girl is nearly 6 months old and has been rolling all over the place for a while now but latly she has been trying so hard to crawl, she gets her knees up and gets on all fours but kicks her legs out and goes backwards, how long from this stage till she is crawling properly?

My first daughter didnt go through this stage she just went from sitting to crawling one day so I'm not too sure what to expect.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

I don't know how long, they're all different. My son never rolled to get to places he commando crawled for almost three months before deciding that crawling on hands and knees was easier.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

All babies are different. My daughter crawled backwards for a good 2 months before she figured out how to go forwards (I used my mobile phone as an incentive - all she wanted to do was play with it, so I put it just out of her reach. She soon figured out how to get to it!)
My son, on the other hand, is 7 months and is starting to crawl forwards from the beginning.

Bindi, WA, mum of two

Hello,

From about 7 months my daughter did the up on all fours and rocking backwards and forwards for about 2 weeks and then it was full steam ahead.

However I have a friend who's soon is 10 1/2 months old and he is a bum walker and won't even try to crawl.

You just don't know, kids are just so different.

Sonia,NSW,12mth old

Hi,

My daughter started getting up on all fours and belly-flopping around at just over 5 months - we were very excited and waited eagerly for her to start crawling, but it actually took nearly a month longer to learn to move opposite hands and feet and crawl more than a metre. Life has changed again now that she can reach any room in the house! Now she is not quite 7 months, and has started crawling her hands up onto her little seat or exersaucer and pulling herself up onto her knees and feet. It seems to me that babies practise and practise and practise, and might seem to gt nowhere, then all of a sudden over a few days they make heaps of progress. It's so much fun to watch though, and I feel so proud.

Sign in to follow this topic