Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. rolling over from front to back

rolling over from front to back Lock Rss

Hi everyone
Olivia (5 1/2 months) has just started rolling from her back to side to ALMOST her front - she's only a fraction away from completing the roll. Does this mean i should no longer be wrapping her when i put her to bed? Am i putting her at risk by still leaving her in a muslin wrap if might potentially do the roll at night? or is that unlikely?
any advice will be much welcomed.
Susan

Susan, Sydney, 12/4/05 baby

Hi Susan,
My little boy is now 7 1/2 months and rolling quite a bit (even in bed). I found that wrapping him is quite ok if I put a second sheet over him during the day, tucked in tightly to each side of the bed. Of a night he is tucked into a sheet and a blanket so he is fine. I found he doesnt roll if tucked in, but if I dont wrap him at all he rolls constantly and wont go to sleep. I hope this is of some help.

Kara, NSW

Well my daughter has been rolling around everywhere for over a month now and is very mobile but I still wrap her for her sleeps otherwise she either wont go to sleep or wont sleep for very long, she still manages to roll onto her side or tummy to sleep while wrapped and she is 6 1/2 months.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic