Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

wobbly neck Lock Rss

My 12 week old baby's neck is still wobbly. She tends to lean to the right when in the pram or rocker and although I use a neck support for her and have been doing tummy time with her, she still leans to the right. What age should a baby be able to keep it's head upright and is there any other exercise I can do or should I consult a physiotherapist, do they have ones for babies?
Something to help with tummy time, is to roll up a cloth nappy and place under your baby's chest with their arms forward. I wouldn't be too concerned yet, each baby is different in their development. I would check with a CHN first and see what they say if you are really concerned.

Ange

Hello

yes they do have physiotherapist for kids i went to one with corey as i notice that he was leaning to the left and not using his right side. They told me that he had a tight muscle in his neck and they gave me excerices to do they were not fun to do and he hated them but it was only for a short time. If you are worried there is no harm in checking it out.

vicky tamara 3 corey 5 months

my son had this issue also, and I have always taken my children to a chiropractor. one particular day I took him to the chiro who also checked in his ears, and I was informed to get him straight to the doc as he had a perforated ear drum & an ear infection - this is what was affecting his balance. something to think about... get that checked if you're worried about balance thing. OH, ps, I find that after a treatment with the chiro, you don't have any follow up exercises to do - as a physio often likes to happen (not that that's a bad thing - I just prefer a chiro), the chiro adjustment is enough to balance everything out.
Sign in to follow this topic