Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

how old for single bed?? Lock Rss

Hey there I have a 15 month old, and she sleeps really well (12 hour nights) socant complain about that.

However I have been wondering of late, wether to get a single bed for her, and my reasons for this are:

She has a habit of turning (going vertical to horizontal) in her cot at night, and is waking, and we have been having to go in turn her cover her up again and she has gone back to sleep. I am wondering if a single bed (with a side rail) would quit this happening as there is more width room in a single bed.

Also, she does know how to get up and down off of beds and couches, (damn the climber!! ) haha but just getting sick of the 'slight' disturbances in hers and my sleep.

SO i put to u wonderful ladies, and ask for your thoughts, have any of you any tips, (bumpers dont work) had children that have gone from cot to bed at a similar age?? any tips theories ideas are most welcome!!

Lots Of love and thanks Kel and Kenzie xoxox

Mckenzie Cate 28/7/04 & Lexi Breanne 10/5/07

Hi there Kakkles,

My first son Logan (who's now 2 1/2) was also a great sleeper and would also sleep 11-12hrs at night when he was still in his cot. But he was a pretty restless sleeper (still is sometimes) and would often get stuck in the bars and hit his head etc even though we had bumpers. So that would often wake him up.

We bought a king single bed for him when he was about 16mnths old (as we wanted him to be sleeping in it before baby 2 arrived) My thoughts were to try day sleeps in the bed and nights in the cot. We had 1 day sleep in the bed and that night asked him where he wanted to sleep. He pointed to the big bed and we have never looked back. He slept alot sounder from the first night. We have a side rail and has only fallen out once. The best thing we ever did.

Good Luck

Kirsty,Qld,2boys

Hey ladies! thanks heaps for you replies, I think were gonna just bite the bullet and see how she goes!!! She is really good at going to bed at night, so im going to start to try her!! wish us luck!!

And thanks heaps aye! any input has been very much appreciated!!!
Love Kel and Kenzie oxoxoxox

Mckenzie Cate 28/7/04 & Lexi Breanne 10/5/07

Hi,
I put my now 2yo daughter in a bed at 11 months-when she started walking(i was expecting baby number 2)-she never looked back and never fell out. She now plays in her room until she is ready to go to sleep, then gets in bed herself, pulls her sheet up then goes to sleep all by herself (day & night). We're very proud she doesn't even have a rail anymore.

Tanya, mum of Lily 08/12/03 & Hana 26/07/05

Sign in to follow this topic