Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Whats happening with your 4month old

Whats happening with your 4month old Rss

Hi there,
This is my very first post and I have to say I am very EXCITED, finally I have found and Australian site after 5 overseas ones. My question is my 4month old daughter seems very advanced although maybe I have just forgotten what happens as my other daughter is now 7yrs old, anyway she seems to be sitting up practically on her own and wants to stand all the time, she actually pushes herself up when sitting on your lap facing you. She is just 4months but notices everything going on and is the biggest stickybeak (my husband claims she gets that from me) I would like any advice as I feel she is going to be a hard one to catch and already everything she touches is going into her mouth, from her grabbing things of the table to pulling the tablecloth HELP!!!!!!!!!!! My first child was a angel and always knew where she was etc but I have a feeling things are not going to be like this. My mother-in-law actually said my husband was like this also. Hoping to hear some replies

melanie,Qld

Hi Melanie,

I haven't long been a member of this site and I think its great too!
My daughter is now 5 1/2 months old and she too is incredibly inquisitive, always wanting to see whats going on around her. She has been like this since she was around 3 months old, very much gives you the impression she has been here before!
She doesn't look like sitting up on her own yet although she is constantly trying to pull her self up if she is laying on her back. And I can definately relate to the pushing up when sitting on your lap...and the putting everything in her mouth, that got extremely exciting for her when she realised she had feet!! Now she is rolling over it is a little harder to keep track of her, she's at the other end of the room in an instant.
But apart from her being constantly busy and curious she is an adorable baby girl (no I'm not half biased!), and I like to think she's that way because we spend time playing with her and let her have time playing by herself so she has reason to be so curious. I love seeing her discover things for the first time, it makes you appreciate little things again.
Dan
my little 3 and a half month old also loves pulling himself into a standing position when sitting on my lap. he hasn't started sitting on his own yet, but if he is lying on his back on a pillow, he'll heave himelf into an 'almost' sitting position! I can't wait until he starts rolling over. He has been doing the 'tummy to back' roll for at least a month now, but he hasn't yet mastered the 'back to tummy' roll!! Although he is very close so i'm guessing it'll happen in the next few days ... or weeks!! Either way ... i love seeing him do new things. It's so exciting being a parent for the first time!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

my 4mth old must think shes part of the royal family ...........lol.................she sits back and doesnt do very much at all. smile
she loves to sit on my lap (supported by me) she loves watching tv. but she hates being on her tummy, if shes on her side she rolls onto her back , but thats as much rolling as she does. she'll stand for about 2 seconds. she loves to kick things with her feet. like dangly toys and things.
and everything goes into her mouth too.the other day she laughed for the first time.
her fingernails grow like crazy, i have to cut them when she sleeps now cause i got her skin the other day, and we both cried together, i felt so awful.
I agree with you brandons mum, its alot of fun being a mum

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

hey chelby,
where are you from? you sound like a lot of fun and my son is only like a week younger than your baby!! It'd be great to have some one to chat to!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

i'm from wollongong. and i'm 31.
all my friends and family are from sydney. and my other half sleeps from 4.30pm til midnight. we live in a small house . if i make phone calls i wake him up. so almost every night i'm in msn. mmr_288@hotmail.com

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

hey chelby..
im too from wollongong wanna chat my email is kaz_april@yahoo.com
please refer to huggies web site when u send the email!

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Sign in to follow this topic