Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Head Hitter Rss

My son will be 1 in 10 days, and he is starting to put his back against the wall and bang his head against it, is this normal??????

Joshua Kaelib 20/03/2003

Hi,
Hamish is almost 1 now and he started doing that about 9 mths - every now and then he still does it - I found him head butting the front screen door the other day!! So I think it is normal. smile

Deb

Deb, Edmonton, Hamish 26/03/03 Toby 16/03/05

My daughter is the same. She is 11 months and it drives my crazy.

Mum to Vanessa (April 03)

Thanks guys at least I know im not the only one out there with a child like that.

Joshua Kaelib 20/03/2003

Hi all...

Apparently this is not only normal to some, but can be hereditary... My nephew (and Godson) has been doing this since a little baby... and did it so much in the cot, that the cot collapsed eventually (old cot!!)... he has had a bald spot on his head where he bangs, and has even caused severe embarassment for my Sister & Brother in law in a motel room when he was banging his head in the early hours of the morning and the people in the next room started banging back and asking them to "keep it down", I'm sure that you can imagine what they were thought to be doing!!!

Anyway, Eamon is also a happy, healthy, outgoing, lovely looking little boy - he is quite intelligent and has alway been looking for his next adventure - and trying to keep up with his older brother Jonah (who didn't do this).... and the funny thing is that his Dad was apparently also a head banger - and he is an IT/Computer programmer who earns bucket loads of $$ and not only super intelligent, but also a really nice, calm and lovely guy,so maybe it's a really good sign!!!

Good luck, and try to find hotel rooms with no one on either side!!! smile

Marie, NSW, Sebastian's (12/12/02) & Alexander's (

Sign in to follow this topic