Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Rolling to Crawling to Walking.

Rolling to Crawling to Walking. Lock Rss

I was curious at what age and how babies transit from rolling to crawling to walking. Or, however your little ones did it. I find it fascinating that babies can do it so many different ways, some even going straight from laying to pulling up on furtniture. I totally love this stage - every day seems to bring some-thing new and exciting.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Kazi

My son was able to roll over and over and over smile by the time he was 5 months. He was up and properly crawling by 7 months after a few weeks of his own style of commando crawling. The day after he started "normal" crawling he started pulling himself up on furniture and took his first solo steps at 11 months, but it was a pretty rare occurence. He was walking pretty well by his 1st birthday.

My daughter who is now 7 1/2 months has been rolling since about 5 months as well. Last week she was crawling around like an inchworm - head down, bum in the air and pushing off with her feet. The past few days she's been commando crawling combined with rolling. She's almost getting up into a "normal" crawling position but can't quite get her legs underneath. When she's trying to get up she looks like a rugby league player trying to get up after a tackle when someone is still holding their feet - if you can imagine - it's very funny grin LOL!!!

They do seem to pick up new tricks everyday, it's amazing! I'm just as excited seeing my daughter learn all these new things as I was with my son - I wasn't sure if it would be the same second time round, but it is.
Sign in to follow this topic