Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Won't drink formula or cow's milk

Won't drink formula or cow's milk Rss

Help, I'm desperate. My boy's nearly 11 months and refuses to drink either formula or cow's milk. With some attempts he even makes himself gag!! I've had heaps of people offer suggestions like make him milkshakes, water-down the cow's milk etc but nothing seems to work. I'm very keen to wean him but nothing appears to be working. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? What advice can you please give me??

HF, NT, 10mth baby

Hi, I have a 11 month old also (a girl), however, she is still on breast milk. I have done some reading on the subject though (to see what I wish to give her once weaned), and, from what I understand, Cows milk is one of the most difficult milks for the human body to digest, especially for babies. I suggest that you try goats milk, as this milk is the closest form of milk to human's milk. I have a number of friends who feed their infants goats milk and they have not had any troubles. Personally, if the choice were up to me, If I were unable to breast-feed, I would switch my baby straight to goats milk. Ideally best if you can source it fresh, but, any form would be ok. Hope this helps, and let me know what you end up coming up with.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Hi

Aimee is 14 months and she is still on formula twice a day, I put cows milk in her breakfast and anything else I make for her, maybe you could try this and gradually wean him off formula that way, if your worried about calcium give him iceceram or yougort.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Have you tried soy milk?
Sign in to follow this topic