Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

where do the arms go? Rss

My son is starting to take an interest in sitting. I'd like to let him practise but where do i put his arms?
Are they supposed to just hang beside him or is he meant to lean on his legs which he seems to do?

QLD

When my babe first started sitting by himself his arms were either out in the air (to help him balance I suppose) or just resting on his legs.
Hi mumE
when Olivia was starting to sit up on the floor, i would help her by keeping her legs spread so that they made a 75 degree angle (any narrower adn she'd topple).

She would keep both her hands on the floor between her legs and she would then lean forward so that her forearms would lean on the floor. Other times i would sit her up, and she would place one hand to her right (on the outside of her right leg) and she would touch things and hold them with her left hand. As she would steady herself, the right hand would come up and hold the item along with her left hand. I would sit outside of her to catch her as she would lose balance.

The great part about sitting behind her is that she would often turn her head, look up and throw me a huggge smile.

Susan

Susan, Sydney, 12/4/05 baby

When my son started sitting up, I bought a fisher price fish bowl. I sits between their legs and they can hang onto it or hug it and it has music, fish swimming around the outside and three balls which make sounds as you drop them into the bowl... it was a great buy...

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

Sign in to follow this topic