Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Storing those special memories

Storing those special memories Rss

Hi there - me again with a silly question...

I am trying to work out the best way to store all these little keep sakes I'm putting aside for my DD. I have things like the cap DH wore in surgery, her first outfit, booties, belly button clip, her first teddy etc... I can see its going to be quite a lot of 'bits and pieces' as the years pass.

I am keen to have it easily accessible, not only to add to it, but to go through it with DD and family (when interested). I wasn't sure if I should make some tags or keep a list of what the things mean. I don't know if I'll ever forget those little details.

Anyway, you guys always have some fantastic ideas so don't let me down - LOL !!!

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I've started scrapbooking, so I have either photographed or scanned Em's keepsakes - hospital bands, cord clip, one week old foot prints etc. and made a keepsake page in my album to write about each thing... I guess it's a way of not forgetting, and just in case they happen to get lost at least there is a 'copy' (Goodness, I'm such a sentimental!).
I keep all the actual keepsakes in a large 'present' box, but will eventually get a proper acid free box to keep the items in.
If you felt the need, you could even display the items - like her first outfit (I kept it too) in a frame - like how they mount football jumpers, etc. and have it in her room. (I haven't done this, but it's an idea?). I'll be interested to hear from others too.

All the best.

Sign in to follow this topic