Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Wobbly neck Lock Rss

Hi,

My bubby is 4 1/2 months now and her neck is still so wobbly. I was told by the nurse at the early childhood centre not to worry & give her more tummy time but, just can't help worrying been a 1st time mum. Reading other babies development make it seem that Ashley is probably a slow developer so just wondering what 4 1/2 month babies should be doing.

Ashley Baby

my daughter is also 4 1/2 mths old so I will tell you what she does to give you some idea. She used to hold her head to one side all the time but she is pretty steady now. She can hold her head right up and balance on her elbows when on her tummy. She can roll from her tummy to her back. She lasts about 5 mins on her tummy before wanting to turn over.
I don't what else she should be doing but all babies are different my nephew was crawling at 4 !/2 mths so he was really early.

I have been quite fortunate in that my baby could hold her head up from the day she was born. However, I have had a lot of problems with "flat head syndrome" because she was only turning her head and sleeping on the one side. I was also advised to give her a lot of tummy time, which she didn't like. So instead, I lay down on the couch with her on my belly. She was more motivated to hold her head up and didn't get upset, which she did when she was on the floor.

I have read somewhere that some nutritional deficiencies can cause a wobbly neck and general floppiness. It may be worth investigating, if only to rule it out.

Carole Qld 23/8/05

Sign in to follow this topic