Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

how big is your baby????? Rss

Hey
I have to agree with all the mums with big bubbas. My daughter will be 3 in September and is 100cm and weighs 21kg!!! (2.9kg born) My 12week old son is 62cm and 6.6kg!!! (3.9kg born)
I really get sick of the comments "gee, you better stop eating or don't you run around and play?"etc...
Both my children are very healthy... My hubby and I aren't overweight but we aren't petite by any means.
As long as we are healthy I guess thats all that matters!!!
Cheers
Nadine
My friends kept telling me that my daughter was little but not overly little. Reading this topic I realise she is LITTLE! At 6mths she weighed 6.54kgs and then at 7 1/2 months she was 7.21kg and 68cm. She is only little, but my Mum doesn't care coz we live 1400km away from her and don't get to see her much. She doesn't want her to grow too quick or she'll miss too much!

Andrae,WA - Liam, Siobhan and Erin

My little girl was born little and is still little. She was born at 6pounds (2.73kg) and she has just turned 10months old. At her 9month check she was 7.1kg, so she is at the lower end of the scale! her weight on her weight chart has always been steadily increasing so im not too concerned as she certainly loves her food!!! I think that she is just going to be naturally slim and tall!!
Hi everyone again,

My little girl has just had a growth spurt...she has shot up in height, but she is so skinny. Never before have i said that, as she had chubby legs etc. She turns 3 soon, and her last weight was 13.3kg, not long ago!

I will update her official weight for 3 yrs so you mummies see that your littleuns are not unusual!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hello All,

My 19 month old daughter is 11kg and 81cm tall. My doctor assures me she is of good weight and height compared to her parents (Us).

The size of your child is often not comparable with other children of the same age... it is often determined by you - mum and dad. If you are a small build chances are your child will be too.

And the other concideration with weight is how well your child eats and how active they are... a very active child will burn up a lot more weight than a less active child.

We do far too much comparing I think... if your child is healthy, you have nothing to worry about.

Michelle
Hi Everyone,

You are so right Michelle,....My daughter in small like me, and my son is huge like Dad!

At least we got it the right way around. wink

Tepe

Hi Michelle,
I think another factor with wieght (though not always) is if the baby is breast or bottle. Of the babies in our Mother's Group the ones that are larger for their age are all bottle fed and the breast fed ones although quite healthy are on the slighter side. My son (a breast baby) was 8.5 kgs at his 8 month check compared to another baby we know (a bottle baby) and he was that at 7 months.

I know what you mean about the height being inherited from parents. Both my husband and myself aren't very tall and my son is only just above the 10% for his age. We don't expect him to be tall and he is growing at a good rate. My health centre nurse told me that as long as its increasing at roughly the same rate there's no cause for concern. But she was talking about his head as its above the 97% line, but it always has been.
Kristy

member since 2004

Hi Kristy,

I agree about the bottle fed and breast fed differences in baby wieght.

The other thing I forgot to mention was that babies can get a bit chubby before they are mobile... my daughter was a little chubby around the 9 months mark, but as soon as she was up and walking between 10 - 11 months she dropped alot of it.

I wish mums wouldn't stress so much about babies being too heavy or too light. I am sure a doctor would draw any concerns to your attention.

Michelle
Maya is 16 mths, 9.9kg and 83 cm, so she is tall and thin. Don't know where that comes from as her father and I are both big, and he is really short (5foot6inches!). We've been told that Maya's weight is because she has allergies and is on a restricted diet. But I agree with Michelle - Maya was breastfed to 9.5 mths, when we weaned her for medical reasons (she had stopped growing) and since she went on a bottle her weight has increased much faster than it did on the breast. I still miss breastfeeding tho sad

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Hi all, just thought that i'd tell you all about how big Dawson is now. He is 3.5 months old and weighs 7.4 kgs and is 68cm long. He's my "little buddah" as i like to call him smile
he is still breastfed with a top up of formula of 200ml, and now starting solids also, only during these past few days he has had one feed per day of apple, apricot and peach cereal as he absolutly hates the rice cereal.
Don't ask me where he puts it all though. I thought that babies had small bellies but he's certainly shown me different.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Hi everyone,

I just had my little 3 yo weighed today and she is only 12.7kg. She has lost weight, so i have to go back and check her agin in a month. I am not worried, just keeping an eye on her!

Oh and my son is 12kg and 2 years younger, only 700grams apart now!!

Tepe

Born 9lb 13oz (4.4kg)
Now at 3mths she is 7kg 65cm long

Bris, Bubby Breannah 22.04.04 n Patrick 17.01.06

Sign in to follow this topic