Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

how big is your baby????? Rss

Ashleigh is now 9 months and weighs 7.7kg and is 69cm!! A big difference from Jordan who at the same age was 10.5kg and 74cm!!!!

Jordan 7/3/01 & Ashleigh 5/4/04

Rhiannon was born 3kgs 340gms or 7lbs 6oz 40cm. She is now 7 months old 6kgs 760gms and 64.6cms. She is on the small side whereas her cousin who is 1week older is almost twice her size. I guess the main thing is as long as they are healthy and you are happy, thats all that matters.

Tammy 28, Rhiannon 14-06-04. morwell

Isn't it a classic how us mums all stress out about bubs weight! If i had a dollar for every time someone said to me 'oh he's so little' I would be very wealthy indeed! My son is six months and 6.3kg's - he was just under 3kgs at birth. He has always been small and I used to find it hurtfull when people would say things about his size - especially when I was struggling with breastfeeding. Now he has 3 meals of solids and 5 breastfeeds a day - according to the child health nurse I see he is very healthy, active baby. So I guess the bottom line is they are all beautifull and different and to be concerned and worry is just par for the course of being a mum! Good luck to all mums of babes big and small.

Mum to Jonathan

Isabella is 8.6 kilos at 6 months and 69.5cm tall. She was 3.025kg at birth.
Everyday that I am out with her shopping there is always someone I know or just a complete stranger that has come up to me and say "gee isn't she a big girl." I find it quite rude as it is none of there business how big or small my baby is. She is a healthy, beautiful, and a very happy baby and I wouldn't have any other way.

nsw...5 1/2 month old boy....4yr old girl

Jet is 6months nextweek and already he weigh's 8.74kg, he was born at 3.42kg.. Everyone comments on how 'fat' he is aswell but he's just a big baby.. He has 3bottles a day and 3solid means so its not because he's being overfed or anything.. His grandparents keep wishing for him to lose weight -how unhealty is that suggestion!

Jet Nicholas Wilson 20th August 2004

Isnt it funny the way some people forget, that we all grow at different rates, and we are all different sizes! Just becoz they may be bigger or smaller now, does not at all indicate how they are going to be as they get older and become adults!

I think its disgusting the comments we get with our 'little' girl too. She is 6 1/2 months today weighs 6.6kgs (weighed today) and is 69cms long. She still fits 0-3 month clothing, so we've had a good run. but she is happy healthy and to me that's all that counts. I don't go around critisising the size of other adults, so why should they put that pressure on our little ones??

I saw a baby today that was 2 weeks older than Mckenzie, and weighed 9.36Kgs or about 20 pounds 9 ounces! and he didnt look at all that big, and he was just as gorgeous as my little bundle! Hell I LOVE chubby babies!! hahaah Enjoy them while they are small, we'll never get this time again!

Love kel and Mckenzie xoxoxo

Mckenzie Cate 28/7/04 & Lexi Breanne 10/5/07

My daughter is 5weeks old. 5kgs and 57.5cms tall. Husband and i are very tall and big people so jasmine takes it after us smile)

Karen - Jasmine 14/1/05 & Damon 31/1/07

Our daughter is 10.5 mths old and weighs 11.7kgs and is 75cm long. She has always been on the top end of the percentile scale and i used to stress majorly about her size, especially because everyone always commented on how big she was!! We still get some comments, however, now she is crawling and climbing everywhere she has lost some of the chubbiness and is just getting longer. Apparently it is very normal for babies to slim down when they get mobile. Now that she is abit older she seems to be growing into her size!! I've learnt not to stress so much and realise that i have a very happy and healthy baby who is constantly changing and growing - it's wonderful!

Kind regards
Alison

Alison, Vic, Abby 2.5 yrs, Poppy 5 mths

Hi,Kristy,

I doubt the breastfeeding baby smaller than bottle feeding baby, my boy is 100days tomorrow, but already 8.4kg and 68cm long! I think he is far above average. I though about if i overfed him but everybody told me there isn't overfed thing when breastfeeding..

I am going to add solids when he gets 5 mths old,

Claudia

Claudia , mum to Ian and MuLan

hello eveybody, i like to point out that all these babies seems to be doing really well.i have a 13 months old premmie baby , which weight in on 4.10 pounds at birth which is 2.1kgs ..and now she is 8.4 kgs and her length is 66 cms long..but charlotte has alot of others problems regarding her..she does roll and trying to crawl , but she havent starting to sit as yet..we got along way to go..i wish life wasnt that hard...

lilcookiemonster

Hi all my lil man Dawson., weihed in at 8lb 5oz or 3.85 kg, He is now almost 11 months old and weighs a hefty 26lb or 11.8 kg.
He is 80 cm tall, which i've been told "he's enormous!!!"
He does have chronic reflux which is controlled by tablets.
Has 2 solid meals a day (as advised by my doctor)
and between 3-5 bottles a day depending on his growth spurts and mood. One of them is a cereal bottle... it has 3 tespooons of banana custard added to it (the powdered kind) i use a cereal teat for it made by nuk.
He has 8 teeth, 4 up top and 4 down the bottom, has been crawling since he was 5.5 months old, he's almost walking. He just loves to stand by himself and clap his hands. He's taken a few steps.
Says "dad, dad, dad" "baba" "tay" (sister's name is taylah) "car" "bye-bye" and his newest one "what's that".

take care all

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

My baby Benjamin is 4 days shy of 11 months and weighed 13.85 kilos at his monthly check up last week. He is 81.5 cm long - he is a big boy but not fat. My other son (now 5) was 15.3 kg on his first birthday - both breastfed babies. My five year old hasn't got an ounce of fat on him now so I'm not worried about Ben at all.

Ben has 3 meals of solids a day - not a lot except at dinner, and several breastfeeds. He is just starting to walk so I expect he will slim down from here on. his last months weight gain was 350 grams, before that it was 800 - 900 grams a month so he has already slowed down a lot.

He is adorable but very heavy to carry around so I am glad he's starting to walk.

Tania, NSW - Mum to 4, Number 5 due Feb 07

Sign in to follow this topic