Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Chubba buba - when did your baby start slowing in growth

Chubba buba - when did your baby start slowing in growth Lock Rss

Hi all,

I have a 4 1/2 month old boy who weighs 8.6kg. He is a healthy and chubby baby, the ones you wanna go up to and just eat there legs. Any way, he has been averaging gains of 330gms per week.

I was wondering is there any ones else out there who had a big bubs and noted when they were slowing down in gains? My nurse said often it is around 9months old ( ipresume that for they would be more active), but at 9 months i am sure my baby will look like a teenager. A friend of mine said her boy slowed aroung 4 months. PLease share your experiences and what baby was doing at the time (ie were they then crawling, walking, riding a bike, competing in the olympics, or was it when they stared solids, grew 10 teeth....)

i am really curious

LGM

kiwi, 12/10/05

Hi LGM,

I have checked in my Well Child book and this is the weight progress of my boy.

Birth - 3.2kg
4 weeks - 4.2kg
6 weeks - 5.2kg
12 weeks - 7.1kg
5 months - 8.2kg
8 months - 9.3kg
9 months - 9.5kg

He had a major weight gain from 6 weeks to 8 months and only in the last month or so has he slowed down! He is nearly 10 months now and I can tell you he is slimming down because he is crawling and pulling himself up all the time.

If you are concerned, ask your plunket nurse... they will more often than not put your mind at ease.

Take care.

Bye for now.

Hi LGM,

All my bubs slowed with their weight gain and growth from around 6mths and my oldest isn't too tall but is broad and my 2nd is tall for age...I think it differs!? My 3rd bub has been my smallest and is 10mths and only just 9kg!

I love chubby bubs...so cute!! My youngest is a cubby bub...yet has been my lightest in weight!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic