Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

teething Rss

At what age did your bub start teething?

The last week or so my bub has been dribbling quite a bit. I have been told by sevral people that he is teething.

What do you think?

All the best

2 Under 1

Hi Zacs mum,

I think it is only dribbling, that is out of habit, my son had had a terrible dribble since about 2 months. As you can imagine, i was told umpteen time, he was teething. He still has only 2 teeth and is nearly 1.

How old is your son?? Does he have any other signs, like irratable behavior, red cheeks, possibly red bottom! These are a combination of symptoms that may be caused by teething.

Anyhows, best of luck,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

My son is 4 months old and has slightly red cheeks, but I think it is when he wakes up and has been lying on his cheek.

Other than that he doesn't appear to have any other signs

All the best

2 Under 1

Hi Zac's Mum

Our child health nurse told us that dribbling was a 'normal' thing for babies to do. Most start at around 8 weeks as that's when they start producing heaps of saliva but they don't know how to swallow it - hence the dribbling. It's the same thing when they chew on their fists - it's a normal part of their development but everyone will say he/she is teething. My son's first 2 teeth came through at 4 1/2 months - we had no indication that they were coming except the morning they came through he had woken three times through the night when normally he'd slept through. Just have a look at his gums - usually just before the teeth come through the gums can get a bit swollen and you may be able to see the teeth just under the surface.

All the best
Jasmine
Zacs mum,
My son cut his first tooth the day after he was 7 months (last Friday). Its only just broken the surface and so far hasn't given him too much trouble. He was fairly happy providing he'd had enough sleep, and yes he had heaps of drool which he loved blowing rasberries with.
I couldn't see the bottom tooth until it broke the gums on Thursday then it popped up Friday.
A good teething gel that we use that isn't to overpowering in taste is Seda-Gel, its about $11 for a big tube and works a treat.
Hope this helps.
Kristy

member since 2004

according to everyone elses input ( as ppl do) they all said that from the time my daughter was 10wks old she must be teething ....................
well
she is now 6&1/2mths old and she cut her first tooth last saturday and shes not dribbling all that much really. her cheeks were really really hot and red esp the right side which is the side she go ther tooth on. she had a little temperature ,and a rash on her forehead, but nothing a dose of panadol couldnt fix.and the doc gave me some cream for her forehead.shes become very sleepy and has gone off her food. shes all smiles tho. shes not irratable at all. smile lucky me. and her too!

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

My son got his first 2 bottom teeth within a day of each other when he was 5 months old and had all his teeth by 22 months. My daughter is 8 months old and has just got her 4th tooth with 2 more almost cutting through. She didn't get her first tooth till she was about 6.5 months old. Some teeth they got rosey cheeks and others they didn't but they both always were really cranky a couple of days before they cut through!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Zacs mum,

Just wondering how things are going for you.

Does he have any new teeth?

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Tepe

Still no teeth yet !!

But im sure he is teething, when he gets really distressed I have been putting bongela on his gums and it seems to calm him down

It's so sad seeing him upset sad

All the best

2 Under 1

To All

I was just wondering what teeth came first for your children.

All the best

2 Under 1

My boy got his bottom teeth at 7 months. He is 10 months now and we are waiting for top teeth.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi ZacsMum

My son got his bottom 2 teeth first at the same time, then his top 2 came through followed by the ones either side on top and then the ones either side of the bottom ones. As I said in my earlier post his first came through at 4 1/2 months and then every 2 or 3 weeks after that another one seemed to poke through until he had 8 teeth at about 7 months - he just turned 1 last week and hasn't had any more come through for the last few months so I don't know where they all are smile !!!

All the best
Jasmine
Sign in to follow this topic