Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Temper Tantrums! Lock Rss

Hi Fellow Parents,

My name is Shae, I'm 21 from SA and have a gorgeous 10 month old daughter named Mia. I also have two step kids named Jones and Ella who are 6 and 4 respectively.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and email me at '[email protected]'.

Also, I'm after some advice. Mia has taken to throwing herself backwards and screaming everytime I try to put her anywhere near her highchair, car seat or stroller. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there anything you can do - other that being VERY patient!

Thanks!

Shae - Mum to Mia - 10mths

Hi Shae, my son has just turned one and he too is having these tantrums. I have so much trouble putting him into his car seat and after I have been carrying him and try and put him down he puts all his weight on and leans back and sooks and carries on.

I have been told to just leave them if they do this. Lay them gently on the ground and walk away.

So this is exactly what I do EVERY TIME.

He very quickly rolls over and comes running after me and is over his tantrum, untill the next time.

I dont know what to do about the car seat or pram because I am still trying to figure that out for myself, but if i get any advise from people, ill let you know.
Hi Shae and Kristijames,
I also have a tantrum thrower, though like Kristijames's little boy mine also stops when I walk away. As for the car seat problem, I keep a couple of his favorite toys and books in the car so the only time he gets to play with them is in his car seat. I find they work really well when he throws a tantrum I used to give them to him but now he seems to understand things better I explain that once he stops throwing his tantrum and lets me put him in his seat he can have toy/book. I would say this works 9 out of 10 times. As for the pram situation I have had this problem since the day he started walking 5 1/2 months ago and I still don't have the answer. Though I will strap him in with his shoulder harnesses if I really need for him to be in the pram other wise I let him walk or put him in a trolley. Good luck and happy parenting.

1 wonderful boy 6 and another on the way

Sign in to follow this topic