Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Pyjama Palaver Rss

Hi,
I just wondered if you had any tips to help with my daily wrestling match. My wee boy hates getting dressed, even having nappy changed. He struggles and squirms, flips over and SCREAMS!
This problem is at it's worst after his bath, every night he goes ballistic and I am getting very frustrated and absolutely loathe getting him ready for bed. I have tried distracting and Dad sometimes helps but it never lasts long enough to get him dressed. He sleeps well and doesn't seem to mind going to bed, but this problem is driving me nuts. Any thoughts on why he is like this/ solutions....please help!

Jen and 13mth Harvey

hi,my little man does the samething even after his bath hates getting dressed etc...what ive found that helps a little bit is giving him a toy when i do it...try it works with me

Wow, I thought it was just my bub! He hates getting changed after a bath too!!! He also tries his hardest to roll over when I change his nappy so I have learnt to do it in super-quick time. It gets frustrating though as sometimes when he has a really dirty bum, it takes me a little longer to wipe his bum... I try and give him toys/things to hold and play with but even that doesn't keep him occupied sometimes!!!

Sorry I have no solutions but wanted to let you know you are not alone!

Bye for now.

My little girl does that to me most of the time and I found that if I give her a toy to play with or something that has lights on the toy it was enough to get her nappy on and also dress or I know it is going to sound silly I even did a little dance for Jaye to make her happy and to smile and it has work sometime or even blow on his little tummy and legs.

It does drive you crazy at time and wondering what is wrong or is it just us (mums) and I use to think that I wasnt doing it right way. What time does your little boy have dinner? Could he be hungry or that what happens to Jaye sometime.

Good luck and let us know how you went. Just be patient it will work out.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic