Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. 9 Month old how many bottles?

9 Month old how many bottles? Rss

Hay there all i was just wondering how many bottles a day are other 9mth old bubbas on? i think my little honey wants to have 2 but i am worried that she is too little for that. ant hints would be great thanks.

Alison 27yr NSW - Ella 4yr, Kylan 18mths, one in t

I also relied in the solids section that my 7.5month is going through the same thing. So i have started giving her some of her afternoon bottle in a cup to have with her lunch.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

My little man has just turned 9 mths and currently has 4 bottles a day, however he is loosing interest in them a bit! He was addicted to them about 1 month ago (we weaned him from BF at 7mths) but now he could do without the 4pm one I reckon, it is just a habit.

He has one on waking, one after lunch, one at 4ish and one at bedtime. I will probably change to juice at the 4pm time soon, he also has water throughout the day in a nonspill cup. He loves to drink out of a cup.

SA mum, Lis 17/6/00 and Harry 19/6/05

hey
my bub is 8 and a half months and he has 4 bottles a day.
7am
11:30ish am
2:30pm
and one just b4 bed.... at 5:30/6 pm.

Danni, WA,

hey all

my bub is also 9 months and isn't too fussed on drinking out of a bottle, so I give him formula in a sippy cup which he loves. he tends to not drink more than 100-150ml approx (the cup doesn't hold as much as a bottle) and he has this generally twice per day. he also drinks water out of a sippy cup with his meals and whenever else I can get him to have some. I asked my child health nurse about this as I was worried he might get dehydrated (although he's still partially breastfed too), and she said that you can't force a bub to drink more if they're not hungry, and the best thing is to just offer it to them all the time and they'll drink it if they want to. she also recommended I offer him the cup without a lid to get him used to drinking like a big boy - he loves this too but naturally most of it ends up down his front!

by the way I've got him down to one breastfeed morning and night (I'm going back to work soon, so this is the best option for me), and with all the other drinks he's having he's doing plenty of wees and poos and is the picture of robust health, so it seems to be agreeing with him.

sorry to waffle on but thought this may help. good luck!

smile

Tracy, QLD, Nathaniel born 27 June 2005

ds is nearly 10mths and drinks 2 and a half bottles if im lucky.he is a big boy but doesnt seem to eat half as much as some as the other bubs are.mayb he is just slowing down now who knows they change so much all the time.
My son Logan is 8.5 months and still has 4 bottles a day. He has one on waking, one at lunch time, one late afternoon and one before bed.
He also drinks water out of a sippy cup throughout the day as we have chosen not to give him juice.
I probably wont change this until Logan loses interest.

Justine, Vic, Logan 22nd July 2005 @ 33 weeks

Sign in to follow this topic