Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Clingy baby Rss

Does anyone out there have a very clingy baby like me? My bub is 14 months old and doesn't want to walk by himself and just clings to my legs or wants me to hold him. He is unfriendly towards people he doesn't know extremely well and just sometimes will not let me walk out of the room to get a drink. He was premie and spent alot of time on me when he came home for the first couple of months. I sometimes think this may have something to do with it. I've got him in play groups now but he won't play with other babies and just grabs on to me the whole time. I'm hoping it is a phase. He won't go to anyone else either. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Manda.

Manda, Boronia Heights, 3 year old DS and 1 year o

MY DAUGHTER IS 5 MONTHS AND SUPER CLINGY SHE WAS BREASTFED FOR THE FIRST 4 MONTHS SO MY HEALTH CARE NURSE SAID IT WAS BECAUSE SHE COULD SMELL MY MILK.
BUT NOW SHE'S ON THE BOT AND STILL THE SAME. EVEN IF IM HOLDING HER AND SOMEONE SAYS"ARN'T YOU A GORGEOUS GIRL" SHE'LL SCREW HER FACE UP AND POUT..
HOPE YOU GET SOME GOOD ADVICE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GO?!!!

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi,

My DD is 12 months old and she is still very clingy with me. She is fine with daddy (most of the time) and fine with my mum and dad. If she is very close to me she is a very sociable little girl but if someone else picks her up she starts to freak out and puts her arms out to me. I find if the person is wearing jewellery etc and i can put her attention to that she is okay for a little while but when that bores her she starts looking for me again.
She is very good with other children, she calls all children from 0-14years BUBBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She loves children but when it comes to adults picking her up or getting too close she is not happy.

I agree at first it was flattering but now i wish she would take to her other relatives and my friends a little bit more.

Donem

donna,ACT,10mth baby

Sign in to follow this topic