Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Dummies Lock Rss

I was wondering if anyone knows of the future impact of cherry vs orthodontic dummies? I have always used cherry dummies with DD 4.5months, but the other day when the "dummy fairy" that lives in our house had vanished all the dummies all i could fine was an orthodontic one and she seemed to find that ok.

so i was wondering if i should bother replacing all her cherry ones with orthodontic ones???

planing on weaning her once she is bout 9months anyway

If you are taking them away at 9 months it wont have any impact whatever ones you are using. My eldest is 3 and still has an orthodontic one at bedtime, her teeth are perfect.
I'm not too sure but i think that there is really only an isse once all teeth are through and the mouth and jaw are starting to settle into position. And I think then it is only a problem if the baby is sucking a dummy ALL THE TIME. Our 7 month old has a dummy to fall asleep (I know, not the best, but we try to give it up and cave every time), and then the dummy is pulled out once he is almost asleep. He only gets it during the day if he is REALLy upset and cranky ad tired.

I would say, though, that a lot of health professionals have their own ideas about baby items. My sister is a peadiatric physio and she says that jolly jumpers are the WORST thing for a baby but others say they are fantastic. Anyway, that's off topic.

I'm not too sure but i think that there is really only an isse once all teeth are through and the mouth and jaw are starting to settle into position. And I think then it is only a problem if the baby is sucking a dummy ALL THE TIME. Our 7 month old has a dummy to fall asleep (I know, not the best, but we try to give it up and cave every time), and then the dummy is pulled out once he is almost asleep. He only gets it during the day if he is REALLy upset and cranky ad tired.

I would say, though, that a lot of health professionals have their own ideas about baby items. My sister is a peadiatric physio and she says that jolly jumpers are the WORST thing for a baby but others say they are fantastic. Anyway, that's off topic.

Sign in to follow this topic