Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

No Teeth at almost 9 months Lock Rss

My son is almost 9 months and still has no teeth.
This doesnt bother me that much but everyone asks and seems to expect him to have them by now.
It makes me feel as though my son is slow or behind as he hasnt cut any yet.
Is there anyone else out there who felt or feels this way.

Im sick of people looking really shocked when i say he hasnt got any teeth yet.
Gee dont his good looks count for anything!!! LOL

Rileys Mum - 11 months

good morning my son is 10mths and has just cut 2 teeth.i woz a bit like u but then i thought he will get them wen hes ready.now it looks as if he might get one after the other the nurse said they r all sitting there waiting to come out.
Hey.. my friends 2 babies didnt get any incling of teeth untill they were both 10 months old.

I have heard of a baby that was 15 months old before he got his first tooth.

Maybe your little man might get them all really quickly when they start to pop up!
Hi niki my daughter is 10 months old and she still has no teeth and it doesnt bother me cause I still breastfeed her and your son isnt slow just that he teeth arent ready to came out and say HELLO.

Is your son crawling around the house yet? Jaye is crawling around the house and all over the furntiure and starting to cruise up the stairs but doesnt know how to get back down the stairs and she tries to go head down first and it makes us a nerous reck.

And good looks do count so that means our bubs a CUTE DARLINGS.

Chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hey Niki,
Who needs teeth when you have good looks and that gummy charm!!

Jen and 13mth Harvey

Hi Jordan is 10.5 months and still doesn't have any teeth. I just tell people it doesn't bother me because I don't have to brush them. I figure they will come when they are ready.

ayla (4 months), jordan(4yrs), maddys(7yrs)

Hi there, Just thought I would let you know that my little man is turning 1 in two weeks and he still hasnt got any teeth. I am still waiting as he has been quite iserable for a couple of weeks now. I thought he was getting teeth from 4 months...obviously not. Apparently my husband didnt get his first tooth until he was 12 months so I guess he could be a later developer just like his Dad. I am not too concerned, however I hope they come soon as it will make eating a little easier.
Mel
I have a cousin who didnt cut a tooth until he was 17 months old! Now that's slow!!! Slow teething is a genetic thing - you will probably find that either you or your partner were slow also.

Bridgette, NSW, 4 yr old boy + new baby girl

Hi

My DD1 did not get her first tooth until she was 14 mths old. DD2 is 9 months old today and no sign of any teeth. I stressed so much with DD1 and got sick of everyone's shock that she had no teeth. Like it was some developmental stage that we had some control over!

The advice I got from the CYH was that the time a child gets their first tooth is determined primarily by genetics. That is if their parents / grandparents were late teethers so will they be. It seems to be true as I then went and asked my mum and I got my first tooth at 10mth, and asked the inlaws who dig out hubby's records, he got his first tooth at 13 mths.

DD1 is now 3 and when we took her to the dentist for her first visit he said that the later they get the baby teeth the better for the child as their mouth is bigger and the teeth have more room to grow, so they are less likely to have problems needing braces or teeth removed later on. So there is a positive! Also if, like me you are still breastfeeding -not getting bitten is good!

Michelle,SA,DD1 4 yo, DD2 9/8/05

8 months son...None here either... ...all the symptoms. Frustrating isn't it!

Sal, two mischief boys 4yrs & 16 mth's

Hey Niki lu any signs of a tooth yet...we had a break through last night...but bubs is not handling the pain very well...mother is not handling sleepless night...but at least we have the emergence of a tooth.

Sal, two mischief boys 4yrs & 16 mth's

Hi niki.lu2,
I'm right there with you! My son is 10 months next week and has no teeth!
Everyone (even strangers in the shops) keeps telling me that they will be popping through any day now and they have been saying that for 3 months hahaha.
It doesn't bother me because I know that he'll get them when they are ready to come, plus i love that gummy
smile!
I have had people that say "oh, no teeth, how old is he?" which can get annoying!

Justine, Vic, Logan 22nd July 2005 @ 33 weeks

Sign in to follow this topic