Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. 5 Month old constantly waving arms around

5 Month old constantly waving arms around Lock Rss

Hey there,

My 5 month old has started furiously waving his arms around especially when its bottle time.. he drinks and contantly waves his arms and hits the bottle over and over an over again!
Is this normal? Anyone elses bub do this?

I breastfeed my bubs, but he does the same thing. It waves his arms around and hits me or himself and sometimes even pulls his hair lol. Have you tried giving him something to hold? Like a blankie or a toy? Something that he can fiddle with.

my baby does the same thing he is 7 months now and has been doing it for ages...i think it started when he found he had control over his limbs..now he loves to watch his hands and arms by waving them about in front of his face while feeding or just lying still.
I have given him things to hold and he just throws them.

Its really weird, he waves his arms when he plays but this whole banging on the bottel thing is completely different and it doesnt seem to be a playful hit..

not too sure but im going to keep an eye on it!

my bubba does too and shes about the same age.
i think shes just getting control of her arms. its quite annoying when she shoves her slobberly hand in my face. lol

our girl does that too, and now she holds her bottle too, and if she nolonger wants it pushes it away,
she is the same age smile
I think it's completely normal as to get control of their limbs-she kicks and stomps her heels into the ground too and now is holding her feet to her mouth and moves around everywhere, I think is just all part of their learning smile

Posted by: Lil_Ems
I have given him things to hold and he just throws them.

Its really weird, he waves his arms when he plays but this whole banging on the bottel thing is completely different and it doesnt seem to be a playful hit..

not too sure but im going to keep an eye on it!

may be trying to learn how to hold it?
or is it when he's tired?
our girl does it mainly if she is very tired

Sign in to follow this topic