Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

fontenelle still open Lock Rss

I have a 11 1/2 month old daughter that still has a very large fontenelle. My chn says that it is still larger than a newborns size. We have seen a pediatrician and he was not concerned and told me not to "stress". But everytime i see my nurse or even my gp they are concerned! I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I was not at all happy with the pediatricians comments, her head still has a 3 finger space gap across it!

Thanks..

Kim. Alexi born 15/05/05, Riley born 19/10/07

I wouldn't worry too much, apparently fontanelle's don't close until there about 18 months to 2 years of age. If it's still like that after this time then I would start getting abit worried myself.

I'm actually in the opposite position, my son's fontanelle has closed and he's only 5 months. He has to see a pead in a couple of weeks and if needs to has to have surgery to reopen it.

I hope that everything works out fine for you and your daughter. Don't stress too much for the time being, i hope this gives you a little reassurance.

Allison

Sign in to follow this topic