Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Frustrated four month old....

Frustrated four month old.... Rss

Hi Everyone. This is my first post although I have been an avid reader for the past two months. My precious little 4 month old boy has been spending a fair bit of time on his tummy over the last month or so and has become an expert at holding himself up. However now that he has mastered this he is becoming extremely frustrated that he can't do anything else whilst in this position (crawl, reach for toys etc). Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Does anyone know of any activities / games that may keep him interested? I have dangled toys in front of him, helped him push himself along but nothing seems to be working.
Your so lucky for your little boy to love being on his tummy! My little boy only stays on his for a few mins and gets grumpy!He is 5 months.
When my daughter was a baby she loved being on her tummy and i found that she really liked it when i was on the floor with her. However, i couldnt spend all the time on the floor with her and even though she couldnt reach out for anything i found she really liked her floor mat which was brightly coloured and had mirrors and different textures on it, and she had two favorite toys she loved to watch. One was a stack ring that when i pushed a button on the top a light would glow and it would play music and the other was a wriggle worm toy that spun and played music. She really loved them and could just watch and didtnt have to touch them. Dont worry to much it wont be much longer and he will be taking of and getting things!

pam,nsw, 13 months and 4 yo

Hi
Isn't it exciting when bub realises that they can do more but frustrating that there little body is not quite there yet.
Have you tried a mirror for bub to look at? My DS was fascinated by the mirror and I found that this interested him lots - I also lay with him and talked to him in the mirror too - he thought it was funny. Plenty of colours and diferent noises was another thing that my son enjoyed- mobiles toys with lights and music
Good luck He'll get going in no time!

Rachel, QLD mum of Zaki 21 months

He is still abit young for crawling yet but somes buts wil wiggle along . Try getting him to watch you crawl around crawl make a game of it he'll watch you and think its so fun. Give it time. one day he'll just do it and you'll be so amazed

Selene, NSW, JAKE 3 TAYLAH 1

oh i remember Lillie at 4 months its a really frustrating time,she is still like it at 6 months she holds herself up and trys so hard to crawl but gets no-where resulting in lots of frustration,although she can grab and hold toys and stuff i think until she crawls she'll still get frustrated very easily
xxxxx
the joys of motherhood

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Distraction is good for tummy time, you can still sing songs, have tickle/silly time, put out interesting toys, put him on a patterned rug (my girl loves staring at the colours)...I have small dogs that are also good value for baby to watch
Toddler boys and girls are always looking here and there for enjoying their time.The instant assignment help is required to write articles for exploring the way of treating their kids.Family members should spend time with their kids.
Sign in to follow this topic