Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

BITING Arghhhh!! Rss

Im after a bit of advice on biting.

My DD has just turned one and has taken to biting anything and everything. This also includes people.

I dont know what to do about this, i have heard and read all different things, like biting them back and so on. At the moment i am doing nothing about it, but i want to get on top of it before it gets any worse.

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Fee
Fee,

I wouldn't bite back. I know lots of people do though. I spoke to my CHN about it and she said never to hit or bite back.

Nina does it but not to people. I just get down to her level and explain that we don't do things like this. Hasn't worked so far!

Now I am SURE our two are twins.

When did Hallie turn 1? Nina's b'day was on March 25.
Hey Fee - its a huge issue biting, especially when they decide to sink their teeth into your inner thigh like DD did - grrrrr.

I have followed what DD's kindy does in relation to biting. My biggest fear was DD biting another child there so had to be quite firm about it. Its worked well as she has not bit me again and on occasion when she has pulled my hand to her mouth - she stops, and looks as if she knows not to bite.

Basically we went with the firm 'no' and no attention. I would put her straight down and walk away, leaving her for about a minute. She would get a little upset - so its not a method every-one will like. I have to say it has been very effective so I am glad I did it.

Kindy said that babies often work out if they bite another child, they drop the toy - so they can then have it and play. They found that by lathering attention on the baby that got bit, seemed to be the more effective discipline action.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic