Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

why cant she say "Dadda" Lock Rss

bubs is 6 months and has been saying "mumma" since 5 months old
i said the word for 2 days straight then she said it lol
now she says it all day long
i was always told bubbies were more likely to say "Dadda first as it was easier to say?!
Poor hubby sits in her ear saying "dad dad" in the evening its so cute
she just looks at him and laughs!!!!!
i'm in no hurry for her to say it but if she picked up "mumma" so quickly i wonder why she hasn't with "dadda"?

mabey she loves stirring daddy up ?? lol
xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Jake said mum first and took about another 2 months to say dad and taylah said dad first and took the same time until saying mum. I wouldn't be worried at all if shes a year old and not saying dadda then maybe be a little concerned but she sounds like she is going great to me.

Selene, NSW, JAKE 3 TAYLAH 1

Hiya

I read somewhere that they are supposed to be able to say D sounds easily but my DD says m sounds a lot and not any D's. Oh well I'm sure they will be chattering away soon enough.

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

Hey Mimmy,

Our bubs sound really alike! DD started making a mmmm noise at about 4.5 months which eventually developed into mama.

DH spends all his spare time with her trying to get her to say Dada and most of the time she just grins cheekily at him. He he. Occassionally she'll say Mama back to him which really gets him going!!

Bella is only starting with a few different sounds now like D's and B's so hopefully for DH's sake "Dada" isn't far away smile

Rachel, WA, Isabella 15/10/05

Sign in to follow this topic