Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Not Crawling Rss

Hi, just wondering if I should be concerned about my second son. He has just gone one and isnt crawling. He can get up on all fours and slides around but generally backwards. He doesnt seem interested at all. My first son didnt crawl until 11.5 months. Any suggestions? I have tried a few different things but he gets frustrated on his belly.
No one child is the same, my son never crawled, instead he got around by putting his head on the ground, his butt up in the air and would sort of pivot on his head, lol a bit hard to explain, have a look at the pic just below of him with his head on the sand and that is kind of what he did. If your son is happy getting around like he is then you can't force him to change his ways, we only tried a few times to get him to attempt to crawl but failed. My grandmother got really weird whenever he did it and thought he wasn't normal, but that's just how he got around. My boy one day realised he could get up and walk, and that was that! If you're really concerned, have a talk to your doctor, but if his development otherwise is not of any concern, maybe give him a few more months and see how he goes. Does he pull himself up on the furniture and walk around the furniture? I know people say that babies NEED to crawl before they walk but my son does not have any problems with joints or anything...

Hi, just wondering if I should be concerned about my second son. He has just gone one and isnt crawling. He can get up on all fours and slides around but generally backwards. He doesnt seem interested at all. My first son didnt crawl until 11.5 months. Any suggestions? I have tried a few different things but he gets frustrated on his belly.

Does he like taking his weight on his feet when you stand him up? My DS 2 didn't start crawling until he was just over 11 months old. He is now 13.5 months old and still looks like he is not going to be walking any time soon. But the last couple of days he has made progress in that he is pulling himself up on the couch, chairs etc which he just wasn't interested in doing before. I was a bit concerned because every time I would stand him up on his legs he would lift them up completely straight off the floor and not want to put his weight onto his feet.

If he can get up on all fours I wouldn't be too concerned. Can you try and help him along a bit? I would try and show my DS 2 by getting another person to hold his back legs and I would hold his arms and then sort of show the motion of crawling (if that makes sense).
This worked great with my DS 1 actually. He crawled at 9 months after we did this method and that same day he started crawling. Don't know if that was a coincidence or not but could be worth a try? smile

Good luck

Like the PP said all kids do their milestones at different times but I know how you feel though. You think 'c'mon are you ever going to crawl'??
DD is 13.5 months and also does not crawl. She has only started to bear weight on her feet. I have been taking her to physio for months and she is slowly improving. She now bum shuffles. If you are worried then you should go see your GP and ask for a referal to see paed physio. Some kids dont crawl and will go straight to walking.
Sign in to follow this topic